account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Cracked screen

Commissioner
Message 101 of 262
Message 101 of 262

Re: Cracked screen

For those who unfortunately suffer from self cracked glass issues, hope you could find another phone that guarantees you that their glass screen won't break. Leave out Samsung and Apple though. They won't replace the glass screen once it's cracked. So far only HTC does a one time replacement.
Enthusiast
Message 102 of 262
Message 102 of 262

bearings just stay out of this thread you dimwitted fan boy, your contributions are embarrassing to your beloved Sony, I'm actually ashamed to have the same phone as you, I can only imagine that your parents bought you it so that they didn't have to converse with you. you are adding nothing to this discussion apart from your purile opinion which carries zero value.

Adviser
Message 103 of 262
Message 103 of 262

After reading this forum I'm quite scared for my Z2. I have noticed a small gap on the top right of my device, and I'm questioning whether my phone is even water tight anymore. And I'm counting the days till the self cracking happens. Such a shame, would have expected more from a reputable company.
Enthusiast
Message 104 of 262
Message 104 of 262

The two of mine which cracked happened within the first two weeks. if it wasn't for O2 being superstars Sony would be in court already.
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 105 of 262
Message 105 of 262

Re: My Z2 screen broke itself!

So, the final judgement is here,

"Unfortunately, the assessment is that this injury does not arise out of any manufacturing defect but that it is caused by external damage. If you wish to contest the decision of the workshop, we recommend that you contact your dealer (where you purchased the product) for more information."

This is not over yet... I will surely contact my dealer.

I can not believe this method: The Sony workshop evaluating if the phone is a guarantee case or not is, like a thief being the judge if there was a crime or not.

************* Same message in Swedish ***************

Hej Daniel,

Tack för att du kontaktade Sony Xperia Support.

Tyvärr är bedömningen att denna skada inte har uppkommit utav något fabrikationsfel utan att den är orsakad av yttreåverkan. Om du vill bestrida beslutet från verkstaden rekommenderar vi att du kontakter din återförsäljare (där du köpte produkten) för mer information.

Med vänliga hälsningar,
Alexander

Sony Xperia Support, SE.

E-post: questions.se@support.sonymobile.com
Web: http://www.sonymobile.com
Telefon: 013-244500

Learner
Message 106 of 262
Message 106 of 262

Re: My Z2 screen broke itself!

Yes, you are not the first to report this issue. I recently purchased the Z2 before I heard about this problem, I now monitor my screen like a hawk.

Your comments are valid has it was recently covered on Watchdog, and I have a friend who also complained about this problem two weeks after getting his, which was after I purchased mine.

PC Mike
Message 107 of 262
Message 107 of 262

This has also happened to my phone. I've had it just over 3 weeks and it is now unusable. I first noticed a tiny crack in the corner but the screen was still working, then last night the screen cracked again from the sim slot to the SD slot and it won't work. I took the phone to sony after I noticed the first crack and they were worse than useless. They told me I dropped the phone, which I didn't. Then told me they didn't have the same colours as my phone so would have to have the purple frame replaced with a black one so I would have a purple and black phone and would have to pay $250 for it. Now the phone is completely unusable and I don't know what to do. This is completely unacceptable for a company like Sony. Very disappointed. Shame on you Sony.
Apprentice
Message 108 of 262
Message 108 of 262

I did not get compensated at all, it is really sad. I have never had problems like this with any earlier product from any manunfacturer. Maby I was lucky, or maby Sony handles this very bad

My rights as customer: Zipper-mouth Face

Sonys rights as manufacturer: Party

Visitor
Message 109 of 262
Message 109 of 262

so after 3 weeks in the service, sony said they didnt have any history about self cracked phone, i linked this url, but nope didnt wanna take it on the waranty, luckly the service i had my phone at made a mistake and fixed it anyways.. so now i have my phone working again.. but sony didnt help at all... its sad, since the phone is really beautiful and good and to have this problem wont make me buy another phone from sony...

Message 110 of 262
Message 110 of 262

Here are a few photos of my Z2's self cracked screen. I don't know how this could have been caused by an impact. This is a manufacturing fault.

IMG_6057.JPG

IMG_6055.JPG

IMG_6054.JPG

IMG_6052.JPG