account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Cracked screen

Rookie
Message 91 of 262
Message 91 of 262

Re: Cracked screen

I don't want an unbreakable phone. I want a phone that is fit for purpose. 

In my country this is the basics of consumer law.

Enthusiast
Message 92 of 262
Message 92 of 262

Yeah I want another phone, tell Sony to cancel my contract and they're welcome to the Z2 back. But of course that's not going to happen so are we supposed to be stuck with a phone that doesn't do what it's supposed to on a 2 year contract? No. We don't expect a phone to survive a nuclear blast but we do expect it to do the job it's intended for, yes? Put it underwater and it leaks like a sieve, play a game or even just chat on skype and you can cook an egg on the back of it, constant crashing, videos not playing, touch still active when making a call, self cracking screens, etc. Do they sound like a phone up to the job? It certainly doesn't to me.

So where does that leave us, the disgruntled customer? Up sh!t creek without a paddle unless Sony pull their finger out and sort our issues out, give us new phones that actually work or cancel our contracts so we can purchase a phone that does what we want it to.

Sony seem to have employed you as their mouthpiece so come on, authorise me having a new phone delivered, if you can't do that then your opinion in this thread is moot.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 93 of 262
Message 93 of 262

Re: My Z2 screen broke itself!

I got the message that they will not repair my selfcracking screen.

I feel trapped, having payed up to my teeth for the phone and having to choose to either waste all that money or pay even more for repairing it and constantly be affraid it would happen again.

I replied that I can not accept the fact that I have to pay for a production problem. They will have answer within two days.

My rather frustrated mail in Swedish:

"Jag kan inte se ett produktionsfel som något som inte täcks av garantin. Det är helt oacceptabelt att ta betalt för att fixa en felande enhet. Jag lovar att göra en stor affär av detta om ni inte tar en titt till på denna telefon. För detta är inte en kläm eller fallskada, den gick sönder liggandes på ett bord under natten. Om det var spänningar i skärmen eller ett svällande batteri spelar ingen roll. Men det är ett fel som jag inte orsakat. "

My phone

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/Cracked-screen/m-p/699609#M3096

Enthusiast
Message 94 of 262
Message 94 of 262

Let us know of the outcome my friend. I will be speaking to citizen's advice tomorrow and possibly even my solicitor. The way Sony is handling this is unacceptable.
Message 95 of 262
Message 95 of 262

I am amased by the way Sony has handled this. My second Z2 was sent back from Sony to my operator unrepaired even though it had a large dust partucle inside the camera and had very unsharp edges in the photos. It also overheated when using the camera and instagram just like my third wich is now in for a check at my operator so I can get my money back and buy a samsung(never had so many problems with them)
Enthusiast
Message 96 of 262
Message 96 of 262

This is absurd, this is supposed to be Sonys "Flagship" model, and when it works it truly is an excellent phone, however the fact that I have now had TWO Xperia Z2 phones self crack, one in front of my eyes, and I am now nursing my third leaves me in no doubt that there is an intrinsic flaw in the manufacture of ether the casing or the glass. This NEEDS to be addressed as a priority, this matter needs a direct and unequivical response from Sony.

As for the issues of over heating and staggered firmware roll outs, well personally I've not experienced the former and the latter is common place. I recall the tedium of my Nokia N97 firmware which was unstable to the point of being unusable upon launch and despite the patched firmware being available in other countries/on other networks it was looking like it was never going to arrive for me. In that incident I flashed the phone with a region code that was at the top of the list, upgraded it but sadly for every one thing it had fixed another it broke. Thankfully I've had no such problem with any of my THREE Z2's all of which have immediatly updated to the latest version. (I'm on O2 PLATINUM UK)

I can however state that should this third Z2 fail in similar circumstances as the last two then, as it has been with Nokia products for the past 4 years, I will NOT be buying Sony again and I shall ensure that EVERYONE I know, work with and the general public I have continual interaction with will ALL be made aware that Sony have no qualms in a) shipping product with inherient flaws which lead to product failure though no fault of the consumer and b) Treat their customer base with contempt and ignorance.

As for the user Bearings on here, simply ignore or block him, he's a desperate teen with a crush on a brand.

Enthusiast
Message 97 of 262
Message 97 of 262

MrNutt, let me know if you need a hand with letting the world know what a shockingly bad product Sony are knowingly selling.

I have an email ready to send to Watchdog, citizens advice have took my details and will get back to me, Sony GB Facebook page has got a few terse comments from me too but they're ignoring my posts while commenting on others.

I've sold my PS3 and PS4, sent my Sony smart band back that I got with the Z2 for half price (even though Sony are now giving the smart watch for FREE with every Z2 purchase, just to add insult to injury).

I will not be buying another Sony product ever and, like you, everyone i know, and have business relations with will never make a Sony purchase again. I hope you go bust.
Visitor
Message 98 of 262
Message 98 of 262

I have had my phone the Z2 for 17 days... the back screen has cracked... which according go Vodafone means one thing. ....... I dropped it.... I know I haven't. There is no impact marks... just a crack...Vodafone have advised its going to set me back £150... but from reading this... its a fault withe actual phone..... my next step.... is to speak to someone from the press. they are selling something that is not fit for purpose. To say im upset is an understatement.... 

Visitor
Message 99 of 262
Message 99 of 262

Re: Z2 and Self Cracking Screen

This is practically the same place as mine has cracked... design fault?

Apprentice
Message 100 of 262
Message 100 of 262

Re: Z2 and Self Cracking Screen

^

can u upload some pics?