account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Cracked screen

Commissioner
Message 61 of 262
Message 61 of 262

Re: Cracked screen

@ Mrnutt did your crackedd screen look like that of  dpzOnline ???? or just a line across ?pls share your experience 

Enthusiast
Message 62 of 262
Message 62 of 262

Dm841 do you honestly believe that other manufacturers pay people to troll or discredit their competitors? You clearly have a very limited understanding of the business world, that kind of activity would end in massive lawsuits and the payoff wouldn't be worth the risk!

I can confirm 100% that I have no grievance towards Sony Corp and I'm a frequent buyer of Sony products but the Xperia range clearly have an issue with self cracking screens that needs to be addressed.

please refrain from sharing opinion on what is a real world fault but kudos for providing that phone number I'll give them a call later and feedback here.

Sony Corp why has there been no official response on here? and why do your customers have to rely on responses from random members of the public, what is this a major corporation's attempt at a negligent "care in the community" Come on Sony, get a clue!

Enthusiast
Message 63 of 262
Message 63 of 262

To be fair, this was on BBC WAtchdog, although I haven't had an issue.

Enthusiast
Message 64 of 262
Message 64 of 262

I've posted photos earlier in this thread, it was a single crack rising from left to right. the phone was fine when I put it down and I awoke to find it cracked. No pockets, drops or any other form of negligence or impact were involved.
Enthusiast
Message 65 of 262
Message 65 of 262

Xperia Z2 self cracking screen issue spotted like Xperia Z, Z1 had. GizmoBolt.com featured the Xperia Z2 Self cracking screen issue which many users are facing.

Source - http://www.gizmobolt.com/2014/05/31/xperia-z2-self-cracking-screen-issue-spotted-like-xperia-z-z1-ha...

Xperia Z2 users have raised the same issue on XDA threads also. It is very sad that all falsgship models Xperia Z, Z1 and Z2 has the same issue Slightly frowning Face

Xperia Z1 Self cracking screen issue - http://www.gizmobolt.com/2014/01/12/xperia-z1-self-cracking-screen-issue/

Don't forget to give Kudos.
Commissioner
Message 66 of 262
Message 66 of 262

@ Mr nutt is wasn't referring to you like i said there are genuine cases but they are always one single crack and it arises from over tighteneddevices during manufacturing i was referring to the other person that posted loads of crack on his screen as a self cracking issue when it obviously wasn't  that was the troll i was referring to and not you and yes certain people do get benefits from smearing the opponent from the rivals that's why it's business and it's a cruel game it's impossible to manufacture anything perfectly and yes sony is really bad with customer services at the moment .hat's what happens when a big company like sony is no longer making expected profits they start to scale down workforce .

Talent
Message 67 of 262
Message 67 of 262

Re: Z2 and Self Cracking Screen

i am sorry u said there no such thing called self crack mr Zann.H  take a look at this 

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/05/30/bbcs-watchdog-investigates-xperia-z1-cracking-screen-issue-sony...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnDZe9KEWyY

and sony statement

In a small proportion of cases, screens have indeed cracked with no identifiable cause and in these instances the phone has been repaired for free

I'm up-loading this to help support my case against GiffGaff concerning my self cracking screen... they held me to ransom to repair the screen... I had 3 options :- 1 Pay for the repair, 2 Pay £15 and they return the phone un-repaired, 3. Recycle the handset and I would lose my money and ...
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 68 of 262
Message 68 of 262

Re: My Z2 screen broke itself!

@dm841

Quote:" dpzOnline that cracked screen is not a self cracking screen accident and how weird you had a scamsung s5 about to take the picture or your cracked z2 . like i said most people reporting this are trolls or just paid to make sony look bad"

There are no trolls here, I am truly sorry my Z2 broke, I got the S5 via renewing the subscription of my phone company, they did not offer Z2. I could not let go of the thougth of Z2 after have been on a computer fare. So I bought it.

The camera is fantastic, slowmotion, 4k and photo burst. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6Alw0sLWZw)

I love the smartband, I love the stand so I easy can charge the phone.

But what was not fantastic was that this particular phone had a broken screen when I woke up. I do not believe in paranormal/alien activity, so my conclution is that the inherent stresses in the screen because of the manufacturing defects on this particular phone got screen to crack.

It could be only this phone or it could be more than my phone that will have this problem.

Do not forget to change to 4K quality (if your computer can handle it)
Enthusiast
Message 69 of 262
Message 69 of 262

Re: My Z2 screen broke itself!

So far so good, no sign of a screen failure, hang on...

Just as well I don't believe in jinxing myself! Slightly smiling Face

The new update installed and the Z2 seems fine, people if your screen has broken through no fault of your own I urge you to take it up first with your mobile carrier, O2 were excellent in my case and if you get no joy there try gluing your naked family and selves to the main access doors of Sony Corporate. Winking Face 

Rookie
Message 70 of 262
Message 70 of 262

My back panel cracked all along the whole phone (a big long/straight crack). 
Wrote to sonymobile, told me to get the phone to warranty. Did that today, though, as far as the guy at the acceptance told, there's probably no chance that the back panel will be replaced by warranty. 
So I guess it's back again to samsung toyphones from now on...

Though, I will wait for the answer and will keep You guys posted, hope Sony will do the right thing in this case.

I was getting to sleep, putted the alarm on, the next day in the morning - the back panel was cracked. The phone itself is nearly mint condition and been used for only 4 weeks... No drops, crushes or any possible other reasons for any damage.