account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Cracked screen

One time poster
Message 251 of 262
Message 251 of 262

Re: My Z2 screen broke itself!

The phone has sat in a box after one moth of working.  I will not ever buy another Sony phone in my lifetime.  Their customer serviceis the worst in the world by even suggesting that I should pay to have a phone fixed that is clearly their own fault.  Sony, if you are big enough on this admit defeat and replace all of these phones.  It is your problem.

One time poster
Message 252 of 262
Message 252 of 262

Re: Sony will repair self crack screen

Take the supplier to court as the phone is not fit for purpose. I took o2 to court for the £360 I paid for the phone. What they do is not file a defence (so you cant say you won in court. Otherwise everybody can refere to your case) this gives them a CCJ and you get a payout by default, So take the SUPLIER to court not SONY.

Visitor
Message 253 of 262
Message 253 of 262

Cracked Z2 Tablet SGP521 Screen Cracked

I bought 22 Z2 tablets for my staff last month.

The screen of one cracked. While the touch is working fine, the top of the screen shows lines and a dark patch due to which the icons on the top are not visible. Does an LCD replacement last?  Syedh

Highlighted
Message 254 of 262
Message 254 of 262

no one (service centre or customer care)is tell me just how much will it cost for changing my back panel not even approximate cost

Enthusiast
Message 255 of 262
Message 255 of 262

today i change the back.. 50eur,

Message 256 of 262
Message 256 of 262

Re: Cracked screen

Hey jakecstr you can go into the service menu on your phone and test the touch screen there. Just go in to your dialer and type *#*#7378423#*#*. It will open the service menu and you can check out if it's a hardware fault. Good luck
One time poster
Message 257 of 262
Message 257 of 262

I have just read all 26 pages of posts on the thread and I'm astonished by the lack of support from official Sony representatives.

I am just about to take my Z2 for its 6th screen replacement! Hands up most of the cracks have been a result of the phone being knocked but I am a tradesman and that is bound to happen from time to time.

However because of this there is no way I can prove it self cracked so I'm stick with having to get it repaired unofficially because it's just not feasible to keep sending it off and having to wait for weeks for it to be repaired. I can have it repaired within two hours in my local town and I'm now getting a discount on that because I'm in there so often! This will be my 3rd screen this month alone!

I keep my phone in a hard case with overlapping rubber edges, it has a tempered glass screen protector and this time after an innocuous fall the screen has shattered beneath the screen protector! It's a real joke and it's a shame that owners are having to resort to warranty voiding measures to make the product barely fit for use.

I've long since given up having the back repaired which I actually watched shatter before my very eyes whilst enjoying a beer after a game of golf in Portugal.

I'm not due an upgrade on my phone from Vodafone until December this year so at this rate it'll probably cost me over £1000 in screen replacements.

The advice is simple ****DO NOT BUY A SONY XPERIA Z* PRODUCT*****

Also do not bother with Sony support. It is your fault...deal with it.

Regular
Message 258 of 262
Message 258 of 262

Honestly, you might just have bad luck. I've had my Z2 for 2 years and have been keeping it in a normal case all the time, never had a problem.
It's true that the phones gets really hot during long gaming sessions but that's to be expected from a high end device and cools down so fast i've just to put it on a table for like 5 minutes.
And it fell a couple of times with the case on, unscratched, I think this phone is durable despite being all made from glass and aluminium, you just had faulty units.
One time poster
Message 259 of 262
Message 259 of 262

Re: My Z2 screen broke itself!

Same problem here. I had a cracked screen and the phone is not switching on. There is a red light flashing but the phone is not responding back! how do i fix it ? Can someone please advise!

Rookie
Message 260 of 262
Message 260 of 262

SONY SERVICE CENTRE AT `NEHRU PALACE, NEW DELHI, INDIA´ TOLD ME I`LL HAVE TO PAY ALMOST AROUND 80% OF THE COST DRURING THE TIME I BOUGHT MY SONY SGP521.

THE SONY SERVICE CENTRE PERSON TOLD THEY DO NOT REPLACE THE CRACKED SCREEN BUT REPLACE THE TABLET. I AS A CUSTOMER FELT HARASSED BY SONY DUE TO MY HELPLESSNESS TO SEEK A RISKY, UNGARANTEED SOLUTION OUTSIDE SONY.

I HAVE THIS COMPLAIN TO SONY, IT MUST REVIVE IT'S COSTOMER SERVICE AND MAKE IT COSTOMER FRIENDY, COST EFFECTIVE AND RESPONSIVE IN INDIA.