account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Crack On the Screen

Inhabitant
Message 41 of 125
Message 41 of 125

Re: Dropped my xperia z1

i want to send it for service bro but before that i would like to know the charges that will incurr in replacement of screen, so can you please let me know what do care center people charge for replacement of screen to sony xperia Z1

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 42 of 125
Message 42 of 125

Unfortunately you would need to speak directly with the repair agent regarding any potential costs, sorry.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 43 of 125
Message 43 of 125

The Sony Xperia Z1 is a very fragile phone. Sony's advert saying it's duriable is misleading. I had many phones which i dropped like i did to my Z1 never had they cracked like the Z1 did. I'll get the screen replaced but will regret every dollar i spendt on the phone and service provider.  

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 44 of 125
Message 44 of 125

Very  True Dude, Our Pain is Same, Hope there was someone to understand and help about it.

Commissioner
Message 45 of 125
Message 45 of 125

In India Sony is providing 6 months accidental damage protection. i believe it covers the said problem,  i suggest you to check your service center

Xperia ZL C6502 (Replaced with a Perfect Phone)
Inhabitant
Message 46 of 125
Message 46 of 125

Do you mean me to send my phone india in a shop which provides accidental damage protection ?? and he can make my phone repair ??

Visitor
Message 47 of 125
Message 47 of 125

Re: Sony Xperia Glass cracked unexpectedly

Same here  , my Z1 is a month old . My 10 month old toddler grabs is playing with it gently while watching TV in his mother lap on the rug . We hear a POP noise . Look down & near the top on the rear is shattered . Luckily my son was not injured as there are some sharp edges . So exactly how safe is this phone ? My son shattered this glass with his baby fingers ? It's totally spotless otherwise , and you can tell from the phones condition it has not been  dropped  . Now lets see how I go getting this fixed under warranty . If not , Sony & social media will know all about it ! 

Visitor
Message 48 of 125
Message 48 of 125

Re: Sony Xperia Glass cracked unexpectedly

OMG I put my phone in my pocket, took it out 30mins later and the screen was cracked! Took it back to JB-HI FI & they have just rung to tell me "Sony repairer said it's my fault"... Going in store tomorrow and will show these forums!
Enthusiast
Message 49 of 125
Message 49 of 125

Re: Crack On the Screen

GeoffH,

So you are saying that every single person in this forum and all the rest of the international forums are lying? Just a flashmob of liers that coordinated this lie between themselves, with everyone saying their screen got cracked out of nowhere just for the kicks of it. You are saying that everyone here is lying just as your wife and you are in the wrong. This is a completely logical issue as this phone is known to overheat way too much. A crack can occur in any time, for a LARGE number of reasons. If the phone got extremely heated and then you went outside to the cold - it might crack. It might also be cracked due to the customer's negligence, but when you have THIS MUCH complaints, all coming from different countries, all saying the same thing - MAYBE, just maybe you have a problem.

Visitor
Message 50 of 125
Message 50 of 125

cracked screen z1

So today my screen cracked

no reason for it, it was sitting on a car seat while i was working on the car

went to use phone and two cracks on top left going right down to half way

trouble is... i droped the phone a few weeks back and it has some marks on the aluminium casing, one look at it and sony will say its the cause of the screen issue

how am i supposed to defend aganst that ?

Also where in the south of the UK can i get it looked at ?