account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Crack On the Screen

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 31 of 125
Message 31 of 125

Re: Dropped my xperia z1

It could likely be repaired in New Zealand but as there is no international warranty any repairs performed there will be at cost sorry. If you wish to speak with the repair agent to have this arranged please call our authorised repair agent Fonebiz on 09 531 5800 and they will arrange this with you.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 32 of 125
Message 32 of 125

Thanks

But my xperia z1 also had a black screen problem before the screen was cracked. I was supposed to go to the service centre to get it replaced but i got caught up with some work. I heard that the black screen problem is a factory defect  where they replace the fone. And isnt it the same Sony company worldwide. So why cant they change it here. Man this phone has cost me so much and now this.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 33 of 125
Message 33 of 125

Unfortunately as above we do not have an international warranty on our products. For any warranty repairs to take place the phone must also be within warrantable condition. If you wish to discuss the warranty process specific to your region please call 0800 100 150 and they will assist further.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 34 of 125
Message 34 of 125

Ok Thanks

Looks like this will be my last sony phone!

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 35 of 125
Message 35 of 125

well i am in saudi arabia and unfortunately am also going through the same problem(i mean this morning almost 1 hour before from now my xperia got dropped and it got crack on screen the phone is on camera is working display is working but touch is not functioning, i want it to be solved,can i know the duration for the problem to get resolved ?? also i would love to know if any charges i need to incurr in it,awaiting your reply, thank you Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 36 of 125
Message 36 of 125

I must say reading this gave me a good laugh. If you are an adult or at leased refer to your self as one, do you actually think that you dropping you phone and saying it had a problem before this happened but can't be replicated now is anybody's fault but yours and ANY manufacturer would listen to that? If so you are kidding your self. No manufacturer would replace a thing for a physically damaged phone regardless of what the issue may or may not have been before the incident. Good luck tho...

Inhabitant
Message 37 of 125
Message 37 of 125

hehehe yes very true no manufacturer replaces the hardware or physical damage during warranty very true and what the screen will cost for a user ?? may b 150$ to 200$ ??? no issues when a customer can buy a phone for 550 to 600$ not  at all a big deal to replace the screen by paying but let me tell the sony manufacturers  that they gonna be beated up badly if they dont think over this issue, i agree xperia is a very good phone but we are now in the world where we get phones dust proof water proof and successfully passing the hammer and nail test, if xperia is brittte like this i am sure no one gonna purchase it in near future and as i purchased my xperia just 3 days ago my friends will surely ask me for a review and am gonna sure thumb down for xperia because my xperia fell from knee level and not that badly but still it got damage to my xperia screen and touch is not working,i think either sony should decrease the price of screen or should make a screen just like i-phone  hard Slightly smiling Face hats off the way you assist the customers sony thank you, my first and last sony mobile Slightly smiling Face

Commissioner
Message 38 of 125
Message 38 of 125

@dstonez, No company these days provides an international warranty unless explicitely stated and/or paid for. So please dont think this is a sony thing. ive had the same issue with apple and samsung. none of them give you an international warranty. hence its always safest to buy it locally or online from a store in your country.... I am sorry that youve had a bad experience but naturally dropping the phone can cause issues. Ive seen the same with Galaxy S2, HTC one (twice on this phone), Galaxy s4 and Oppo Find 5. So honestly any phone if dropped at the right angle can get toasted. Notice i didnt mention the iphone here Face with stuck-out Tongue & winking Eye That thing cracks if you look at it wrong...

@aircelgag. If you arent able to take care of your phone and put a cover on it or some sort of screen guard other than the stock one then its really not anyone's fault but your own... its kinda tough in this day n age to make a phone that will withstand everything, I agree that sony could have done a better job with the screen. but every single phone has a drawback these days. Having personally owned a few of these phones, i can testify that if you take care of your device it will go the distance with you regardless of the company it is made by. I still have my iphone 3g with me and its been almost 6 years. My S2 is still running strong and its been 3 years for that phone. 

Don't forget to give Kudos and / or mark the correct answer.
Inhabitant
Message 39 of 125
Message 39 of 125

@johan do you think i dint ask the retailer for the cover ??? i was willing to pay 50$ for the cover but the retailer told me that there is no cover in his shop for the z1 not only there i tried few other shops in here, let me tell u i was feeling lucky that i got atleast z1 in a small town called arar(saudi arabia pincode 91431), i think sony should provide the cover for screen free with phone purchasement because the screen is very much fragile, hehe but look at the height of meisureness from sony they just provide charger lol this is the first phone i purchased which has got no ear phones too lmao Grinning Face anyways i know there are few mistakes from my end and few from sony, i also know that arguing on this will not lead us anywhere, so if you can please let me know the price of screen of xperia z1, i would be very much thankful for u if you can do that for me,have a great day dude Slightly smiling Face 

Visitor
Message 40 of 125
Message 40 of 125

I suggest you before send to the service, push the red reset buton , try and see if will work,...