account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Corrupted pictures on Xperia ZR

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Corrupted pictures on Xperia ZR

I'm having issues with corrupted pictures on my Xperia ZR. Most of the pictures are fine, but some of them are partially corrupted (like the one I'm showing here) or in worst cases it's all grey or even missing (only showing the broken image icon). 

Is this a known issue? Anyone has experienced the same? 
Thanks!

PS: Additional info: I'm on stock 4.2.2 Jelly Bean (10.3.1.A.2.67) (not rooted, locked BL), been using the phone for three weeks already with a Kingston microSD 16GB class 10.

corrupted.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Corrupted pictures on Xperia ZR

Does this also happen for pictures stored on the phones internal storage? Try setting the camera to store pictures on the internal storage from Camera -> Settings -> Data storage -> Internal storage and use it for a while.

If this doesn't happen when storing pictures on the internal storage i suspect there's a problem with the memory card.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I'll do that and let you know.

On the other hand, does Xperia ZR support a class 10 micro SD card? I thought it might be a little too much and could be a writting-reading card problem.

Thanks for your prompt answer! Slightly smiling Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

The phone supports class 10 so that's not the problem.

If it works when storing pictures to the internal storage you can first try to reformat the memory card from the phone (Settings -> Storage) but if that doesn't help i recommend that you try getting this memory card replaced. Note that formatting the card deletes all data on it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.