account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Contrast Increses and decreases automatically

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Contrast Increses and decreases automatically

Hi,

I got an Xperia M mobile in Jan2014. Till 2 months  back there was no problem in my display and everything was perfect.Suddenly 2 months back, I could see the display's contrast increasing to a very high level and it doesn't return to normal for a very long time.. Urggggghhh!!!!!! I adjusted the lighting effects,brightness etc. Nothing's of use. Can anyone help me with this? pls

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Contrast Increses and decreases automatically

Repair your phone with PC Companion and check again 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Check if the same occurs in safe mode:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

You can also check on safe mode

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

Alexdon beat me to eat

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I tried rebooting the mobile in safe mode.. its still the same.. Slightly frowning Face

Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Perform a software repair as suggested by uli above.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

wil try it soon @uliwooly. Do v need to have internet to repair the phone thro PC companion?

Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Yes,it needs to download software.

Emperor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

If nothing works,  you will have to stop by your local Sony Xperia Care

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/