account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Connecting via NFC and to my Sony Vaio

Visitor
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Connecting via NFC and to my Sony Vaio

Hi,

I recently got a Sony Vaio Fit. I'm testing to see how to send photos/music etc via NFC. I put my phone near the NFC logo, it vibrates, it says touch to beam and I've tried touching it, tapping, swiping...nothing happens. I tried going to 'throw' on my phone - which i think means using bluetooth ( because my bluetooth switches on at this point) and tried pairing it to my laptop. Laptop wants my WPS Pin ....not sure what that is. Looked for the WPS symbol ( the arrows in a circle) on my phone box...didn't see it. I found the symbol on internet phone settings but i think i managed to re-connect it to my wi-fi.

Not sure where I am going wrong or what to do....help?

thankies

10 REPLIES 10
Adept
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Connecting via NFC and to my Sony Vaio

Me too
Commissioner
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

when connecting via NFC , once you hear the sound tap the screen to beam image make sure you only hear one sound not two then it should beam.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

I have included detailed instructions below:

To turn on the NFC function

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Settings > More….
  3. Mark the NFC checkbox.

To turn on the Android Beam function

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Settings > More… > Android Beam.
  3. Tap the Switch on/off icon on the top right of the screen so that it slides to the On position.

To share a music file with another phone using NFC

1. Make sure that both your phone and the receiving phone have the NFC function and the Android Beam function turned on, and that both phone screens are active.
  2. To open the Walkman™ player, go to your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon, then find and tap WALKMAN.
  3. Tap the MY MUSIC tab to open the music library.
  4. Select a music category and browse to the track you want to share.
  5. Tap the track to play it. You can then tap the Pause icon to pause the track.
    The transfer works whether the track is playing or paused.
  6. Hold your phone and the receiving phone back to back so that the NFC detection area of each phone touches the other.
    When the phones connect, they vibrate and play a short sound. A thumbnail of the track appears.
  7. Tap the thumbnail to start the transfer.
  8. When the transfer is done, the music file plays immediately on the receiving phone.
    At the same time, the file is saved on the receiving phone.
    Note: You might not be able to copy, send or transfer copyright-protected items. 

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

By the time you are done with all of the above simply dropbox-it Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

The problem is sending a file to a nfc enabled vaio, not to a phone.

One time poster
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Same problem here..

2 devices: Sony Xperia ZR & Sony Vaio pro.

I tried to send a picture form my phone to my laptop (and the other way around) but both did not work.

When I try to send a foto from my phone to my laptop I get the screen that says that I have to tap the screen to send. After I did this is said that the receiving device is can not receive "big" transfers.

When I try to do it the other way around my phone makes some kind of sound but after that, nothing happens..

NFC would be a great way to quickly send a picture from one device to another! Can somebody help me out with this problem? 

One time poster
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

I have the exact same problem.  I see no-one responded to your post - did you ever figure out how to connect your phone with your laptop?

One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Hello! I have the same problem! Sony Vaio Fit15A and Xperia Z3 Tablet compact. No Android Beam! I can't send photos and music from my tablet to my Vaio, WHY?????

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

What you need to do is this:

Learn from it, and NEVER buy Sony again.  I have an Xperia Z2, Vaio laptop and a Bravia TV and the connectivity between the three is absolutely wretched.