account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Confusion - ext_card and sd_card

Commissioner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Confusion - ext_card and sd_card

I am slightly confused.

My ASTRO view on ext_card and sd_card is different when viewed on a pc.

Some directories within ext_card, as viewed on my phone's ASTRO viewer are OK. But when viewed in my pc, they are not available on it. Instead, they are inside sd_card.

Does anyone have this same scenario?

4 REPLIES 4
Sage
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Confusion - ext_card and sd_card

Hi eljunpacomios! Grinning Face

I don't think you should use Astro cause it's a pretty messed up file explorer and it also has advertising in the app too...

I recommend you use ES File Explorer instead, with a customisable background and a Windows familiar interface... Ads are not available (unless you go into it's Suggestion App section)! XD

For the PC however, my XPERIA sola shows two directory instead...

1. Portable Device (XPERIA sola)

-Internal Memory (Disk)

--Folders

2. Removable Disk (SD card)

-Folders

Commissioner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Well, I think i should uninstall astro then. I think the old version was bad. I updated astro's new version and you are right Trubo_XL, It worked well, BUT there is an advertisement (that consumes around 15% of the entire screen)

I am now trying ES File Explorer. It's great.

Kudos to Trubo_XL.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I don't think I have this problem. :/

You might try to use another File Explorer.

About which files are you talking about?

Commissioner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Well, it's just that what appears in phone using astro (old version) is not what it looks like when connected to a PC. Please see below illustration

ASTRO displays ..

/sd_card/

dir1

dir2

dir3

/ext_card/

dir4

dir5

dir6

Windows Explorer (when connected to PC)

/sd_card/

dir1

dir2

dir3

dir5

dir6

/ext_card/

dir4

This problem occurred when I copied and pasted folders from my /sd_card/ to my /ext_card/ to save space. But that is what happened. Bad on you ASTRO.