account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Concerns regarding my Z1

Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Concerns regarding my Z1

I'm just wondering if anyone is facing similar problems or having similar concerns.

1. The micro SD flap doesn't close as tight as the charger flap.

2. The micro SD inserted could not be reformatted.

3. Applications shutdown randomly, even well published applications.

4. Phone randomly shutdown at 88% when I was using whatsapp, with only avast running in the background and nothing else. Only to be solved with power up cycle. Call centre asked me not to place any micro SD card saying, "the internal (memory) is enough already."

Had it for only 2 days, I was shocked and baffled when it randomly shutdown within 48 hours of purchase.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Concerns regarding my Z1

1. take it back to the store or a sony repair center to get it checked

3. repair your phone with SUS or PCC

Update Service (SUS)

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

May I ask how to see the white balance setting into the display setting for Xperia Z1? Bec. I have Xperia Z also and the white balance setting is already seen but into my Z1 I can't see the white balance setting to adjust the screen display hope to answer back tnx
Rookie
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

My main concern is the flap, as software could be easily rectified whereas hardware could not be replaced. Plus, the faulty flap would mean that my unit is no longer water resistant.

What would SONY centre do? Is it possible to replace the flap or would they replace the faulty unit?