account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Compatible Multi-Media Keyboards that work with LiveDock & Arc S

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Compatible Multi-Media Keyboards that work with LiveDock & Arc S

I've just bought a LiveDock and a Trust multimedia keyboard (model 15035-02, picture below) with a trackball mouse built-in to go with my new Arc S phone.  When you plug the USB dongle for the keyboard into the LiveDock, it sees it and comes up on the TV screen, but no cursor appears and no keys function on the keyboard.  I can't take the keyboard back because I will get charged a 20% restocking fee, but don't fancy buying any more, just to find they aren't compatible.

Is there a list of compatible multi-media keyboards that work with the LiveDock?  I bought the phone and the LiveDock primerily to use it next to the TV for odd browsing and would love a combined Keyboard and mouse to make it easier.

Could it be I've not configured something right?  Is there a menu I've missed?

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/tr/trust-xperttouch-wireless-media-center-keyboard-kb-2950-uk.jpg

Cheers

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
Genius
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Compatible Multi-Media Keyboards that work with LiveDock & Arc S

It's unlikely I'll be able to test the same model of keyboard, but I'll see if I can find something comparable.

I've seen it work with a Standard wireless mouse/keyboard combo.

There is no list of proven hardware. In the end it may simply be a "random" compatibility issue.

I'll get back to you regardless with whatever I can find.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Jeff for getting back to me.

I have found a great wireless multi-media keyboard to use, it's the Logitech K400 (picture below).  it's only 35cm long and 14cm deep.  It works 100% and is a combined keyboard touchpad, so really good for surfing in the living room with your LiveDock.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbbPbAEBvi2ePFm6J4EzLv4ohxs5YC3s_UbFo4gMqvDfnTIvFYFPREQYtW

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr10/StockportSteve/130_0501a.jpg

Sorry for the dark picture, but as you'll see from the photo it was quite late. Winking Face

Hope this helps anyone that had a similar problem to what I had.

Cheers

Steve

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi Steve,

I am faceing the same issue with the microsoft wireless optical desktop receiver 2.1...!

seems that the incompatible devices are more than one!

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi antonisk,

As I mentioned above, the Logitech K400 is superb for the job if you can purchase one.  It is light and really easy to use with the phone and LiveDock.

I think Sony Ericsson should be more specific on the website about what works with their LiveDock.  It should give at least a few compatible keyboards in the description and not just wait for people to buy the product and then spend time and money finding what will work with it.

They make great costly videos showing the customer that the LiveDock can be connected to a keyboard, mouse and games controller, but don't tell us which ones to go out and buy, if you want to take up this option. 

I would have thought with these options being the main reason why the LiveDock was manufactured, that they would have spent a little time finding which devices actually work with it and not just waiting for people like myself to have to trawl the internet and worst still buy products that aren't compatible.