account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Clock lock screen

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Clock lock screen

Hi,

I've been using the Xperia z2 for a couple of years now and I'm very happy with it. However, I recently bought a new cover for my phone (with a see-threw screen on top) and figured out that I'm not able to move the clock in my lock screen. This little see-threw screen is more annoying now than helpful, because it only shows me half of the clock.

Is there any way to move the clock a little up at the lock screen? I'm using Android 5.1.1 and I no longer have the feature of widgets in my lock screen. So it seems.

Someone who's got a solution?

Cheers
4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Clock lock screen

Hi,

The feature to add widgets to the lock screen was removed in Android 5.

You can change the look of the clock on the lock screen if you press and hold your finger on it but you can, to my knowledge, not change its position.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Yea, I was in that trouble too when I upgraded to 5.1.1.

I use SlideLock Locker app, its around 10mb of ram, 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slidelock&hl=en

(you can disable notification access if u dont want notifications on lockscreen and save another 90mb of ram)

or you can google "kitkat lockscreen app" there are few more complicated... hilocker, C lock etc...

Rookie
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi orion,

That actually works! Sweet! The only thing is that I can't turn off the lock screen from Android, which means that I have now two lock screens and two times I have to do my pattern. How did you solve that?
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Disable default android lock screen. Go Settings - security - lockscreen NONE. Then u let application handle the lockscreen. Pin or pattern in app settings, your choice.