account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Chrome virus issues

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Chrome virus issues

Alright I was browsing chrome and it notified me that a file downloaded from the site I was on that could harm the phone, after that my phone randomly started shutting down since and I've had 70 incidents in the past 10 days and today

AVG couldn't find it, neither could lookout so I tried using my laptop and found the folder with the same name but it was empty and I deleted it but it's still happening!

Please if anyone knows a way to help me find the program and remove it I'd really appreciate it I just can't find it!
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Chrome virus issues

can you recall what was the program's name?

go to settings>apps (or show system apps)

try to browse the installed apps that appears you have not installed yourself.

if all else fails you can do a software reset or repair software repair using Xperia Companion

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/