account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Chrome homescreen shortcuts no longer work

Regular
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Chrome homescreen shortcuts no longer work

Bookmarked webpage shortcuts for Chrome saved to my homescreen now simply open up Chrome but not the bookmarked webpage. Anyone else having the same issue? Any suggestions to get around this?

I am using a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.

10 REPLIES 10
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Chrome homescreen shortcuts no longer work

Have you tried removing and re-adding the bookmarks?

sony_logo126x24.gif

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Yes. The same problem persists.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Try the following steps, just bear in mind this will change the homescreen back to its default setup: Main Menu > Settings > Apps > All > Xperia Home > Clear Data.

sony_logo126x24.gif

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

I have tried this and it still doesn't work. 

Regular
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Hi. I am still having the same issue despite trying the steps you suggested. Anything else I should try?

Interestingly, when I uninstall the updates (reverting back to the original Chrome that came with the phone) this is no longer an issue. So, it seems like a problem with the most recent update. Is it just a matter of waiting for the next update then? Do other people have the same issues with the latest Chrome update? My current Chrome version is 37.0.2062.117.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

This has been a issue with Chrome since it's last update, i also have the same promlem with Chrome on my PC but have the choice of using IE instead. Let's hope Google sort it out soon.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

@Garbon wrote:

This has been a issue with Chrome since it's last update, i also have the same promlem with Chrome on my PC but have the choice of using IE instead. Let's hope Google sort it out soon.

Thanks for confirming.

I had the same problem; uninstalled the update and this fixed the issue but I lost all my open tabs. Slightly frowning Face

Rather annoying.

Adviser
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

I've since had a new Chrome update from Google (10 Oct), both phone and PC. All appears to be working as it should now

Regular
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

After the Chrome update my homescreen shortcuts worked initially, however the problem seems to have reappearred. It's obviously a Chrome issue. I guess they'll eventually get it right with further updates.