account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Charging with magnetic dock issue ?

Regular
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Charging with magnetic dock issue ?

I  own the tablet for almost 2 months now 

As i charge it with the magnetic dock it worked fine at first but gradually charging time become very long ... reached 8 hours which is huge compared to the 4.5 hours on my first 0-100 %charge

when i connected it again throw USB .. it charged normally... and the time folw that .. i connected it to the dock .. charging is back to normal too... for like 4 to 5 times ... and gradually the time of charging gets longer again 

my questions :

** is that normal ? and if that a hardware or software issue ?

** is it harmful for the battery life ((longtime span)) to be slowlly charged ?  

Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Charging with magnetic dock issue ?

Is the dock connected to a wall charger?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

no its a cable connected to the usb output

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Is it connected to a mains socket or USB port on a Pc for example

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Regular
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

conncted to the power source directly ... not PC

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Hello.

The USB cable of the Dock should be connected to the same power adapter that you tried using to charge directly via USB. This way the tablet should charge correctly.

With an XPERIA smartphone from Sony, freedom is in your hands!
Regular
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

that's what i do Thinking Face

lets be clear here ...

...   magnetic cable .. connected to usb cable ..  conncted to the sony adapter .. connected to wall power source

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hi Toldo99,

This does seem like a very strange issue, it may possibly be an issue with the Magnetic charge dock, I suggest giving Sony Mobile Customer Care they may be able to help.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

let us know what they say.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

It is not really a straightforward issue.  There are a few component at play here. 

The USB Power Adapter, The USB Cable and the Magnetic Connector all plays a part.

Will montitor this thread for updates. 

Demigod
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Wait wait wait... there is no USB cable in charging dock... it comes with cable itself.

So if phone charges fine with wall charger and USB port and doesn't charge properly through Dock there are only two points of fault:

1) Dock cable (dock itself - it's essentialy cable with big plastic cover)

2) Dock connector

You can check nr 2 in any Sony store. Just speak with them, explain your problem and ask for ability to charge your phone. After 30 minutes you should know if it's more or less fine or not.

On the other hand you can try other phone on your dock if they have any unit like yours.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)