account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Charge my phone with USB cable

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Charge my phone with USB cable

Hi Dears

I have a Z3-compact phone. When I connect it to my copmuter with usb cable, it does not charge.

Please help me, how can I solve this problem????

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Charge my phone with USB cable

@Z3-sam

Try a different usb port, perhaps the voltage it's way too low, are you using the usb cable or the dock?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi Z3-sam,

Welcome to the community.

One thing to note, if you are using the device on say a work computer, there may be security restrictions that wont allow MTP mode to charge the handset.

You could try changing the device in to MSC mode and then seeing if the charge works.

Menu > Settings > Xperia Connectivity > USB Connectivity > USB Mode > MSC

let us know how you feel.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Please also note that maximum power of USB 2.0 port is 500 mA. Given the size of battery in Z3C and some power consumption of working device itself full charge may take 5-7 hours.
Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Rookie
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I got the same problem, I dont know why, but when I active usb conectivity(MSC) i got issue: "unfortunately, USB connectivity has stopped".

Please tell me how can I fix this, my OS: Android 5.0.2.