account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Car Charging Problem

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Car Charging Problem

I am having a problem when my xpera u connecting to a car charger it showing the red indicator and not getting charged.

I tried with both charger and with usb in my car audio system's usb

Any one please share if solved the issue

5 REPLIES 5
Visitor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Car Charging Problem

Even I have the same problem. May be it's the problem with charger, or even the phone.

every other phone charged(lg, nokia, samsung), but XPU didn't.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Is this a Sony official car charger or a third party one?

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

gonna grace us with an update today Sam? make my day Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

its a third party charger when i plug in the charger its shows the red indicator but not charger.

I tried with sony Datacable using car audio system then it indicates the charging symbol and not getting charging after 3-4 hours its getting off and that red symbol displayed.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I had the same problem - Battery going Flat while using SatNav while connected via USB

Most 3rd Party Chargers have an output of 1A

The Home Charger is 1.8A

The Official Sony Car USB Adapter is 1.5A

I tried using a 2A adapter but even that didnt work

I found that using a task killer to kill all background apps and then use the official Sony Car Charger with the Sony Cable.. I can actually use Google Navigation without Battery Drain

This does need addressing as every other phone I have had charges fine while in use as a SatNav

Please note that I have found that using 3rd Party SatNav apps do cause a little drain depending on functionality

Jason