account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Cant answer or hang up calls

Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Cant answer or hang up calls

This is a very strange problem I can't find a solution too. So just got my new Xperia Z3 compact phone yesterday and is the first time I have gone android. Great device but I cannot see the icons when I am recieving phonecalls to reject or answer the call. I first noticed the problem with the alarm, same situation, I cannot press snooze or cancel the alarm. Only option I had was to switch the phone off for it to shut up.

Ive been testing calls, and when I revieve a call the screen kind of flashes then the bar at the bottom of the phone disspears (Back, Home & multitask). The phone just stays on the homescreen as the call keeps ringing.

Can anyone help with this please, pretty useless phone if I can't answer calls! Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Cant answer or hang up calls

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I am sorry to hear about this, however given that you seem to have this issue with several core functions I would trying a firmware repair:

Please note that performing these steps will delete all user data except for your media files (photos, music and video).

If your handset is able to be powered on and unlocked you can follow the below steps to back-up your personal data prior to running the repair.

Backing up your handset

To back up your phone using PC Companion 
1. Go to Support  to install PC Companion on a Windows computer. 
2. When installed, start PC Companion on the computer. 
3. Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable. 
4. Click Start under Backup & Restore. 
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Exactly what contents will be backed up may differ depending on phone model.
You can view detailed information about this as you follow the steps in the Backup & Restore wizard.

Running the software repair

Before you start you have to download the PC Companion software and install it on your PC.

Once installed on your PC, double-click the PC Companion icon on your desktop to start the update.

Please ensure your phone is powered off and not connected to the PC when you begin this process. You are not required to connect the phone until after step 10.

1. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.

2. Phone Software Update.

3. Start.

4. Repair Phone

5. Continue

6. Accept data removal

7. Next

8. Wait for prepare

9. Select Phone

10. Follow the connection steps

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hello niallod55, did you solve that issue?
Rookie
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

It did but i realised what actually caused the problem.

I decided to turn off the majority of my notifications, one of which was something called 'phoneui' so this is the problem. Silly but glad I worked it out!

Visitor
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Had the same problem.

Seemed daft to me but the answer page diodn't appear when it was receiving a call.  The solution in my case was to tick the 'IncallUI' under manage notifications.

I don't know quite why the phone has a setting to stop you answering calls, just something to drive us mad I suppose.

One time poster
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

I'd done exactly the same thing! Turned off some notifications, including the one that apparantly lets me see phone calls. Thanks for your help everyone - I was really worried, only got the phone a few days ago! Would definitely advise anyone else with the same problem to check under 'Manage Notifications'.

One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

I am surprised reading 'Sam' s expertise.. if Sony is full of such expert than "god save Sony".. not going to even thinking of using Sony in future.

It was indeed a notification setting in my case and it was "InCallUI" like all other cases. For such a simple problem Firmware update !!!! unbelieveable.. that even from a professional expert !!! I am speechless

One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hi Sam (Sony Xperia Support),

I have the same problem but fixed it by enabling the "InCallUI" under Settings / Personalisation / Manage Notifications. What I don't understand is why this is provided to be disabled and the name "InCallUI" doesn't mean anything to a lot of users?

My concern is what else have I disabled by mistake. Can you provide a list of important notifications which are enabled after a reset? I guess Sony should have a lot of these devices to tell the default notifications.

One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Any idea how to find the InCallUI on Android 5.1?

I haven't got Settings=>Personalization=> and have drilled through various menu's but can;t find the setting.

Thanks in Advance

James

Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@James_PSX You can go to settings-apps-all,scroll down through apps and it should be there. Then tick box near show notifications.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.