account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Cannot use disposable address to send emails?

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Cannot use disposable address to send emails?

I have a yahoo mail account (my “real” email address) with several disposable addresses set up.

I have added the account to my z1 phone using the “email” application.

I have a significant problem (for me) in 2 situations:

• When I wish to compose an email from a disposable address I do not have that option under “Sender” (it defaults to my “real” email account address).
    • I have tried looking in settings – nothing I can see relevant there
    • I have tried holding my finger on the “From” area to see if I get any options – no
    • Note: I can do this easily with both my Nokia and iPhone email applications. There is a scroll option to select which email address within the account (i.e. disposable addresses) to use to send an email
  • Consequently also, when I receive an email from someone replying to my disposable email address (that I have sent from another device) and I go to reply, the z1 mail program only lets me reply from my “real” email account address (which would then become visible to the addressee!)

Hence I am unable to keep any privacy of my “real” email address if I use the z1 email application!

I have searched forums (Sony and yahoo), but can find no mention of this – I can’t surely be the only person who needs to send emails from a disposable address?

Appreciate any help on this as this is a deal-breaker for me with this phone.

Phone: z1 compact

Android version: 4.4.4