account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Cannot use 3G/HSDPA network in some conditions

Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Cannot use 3G/HSDPA network in some conditions

Hi,

I have a Xperia Z3 Dual (L55u, Mainland China Ver) and I am now using Vodafone in Australia.

I have problem using 3G network in most non-4G areas, where the signal displays normally, but when I try to browse sites or use any app connecting to internet, it lags and display "cannot connect to internet". 

This happens both on its original firmware (L55u_23.0.F.1.78_CN) or RU firmware (D6633_23.0.1.F.0.96_RU). 

4G network works normally.

Does it help if I upgrade my firmware to 23.0.F.1.82? Or will there be a solution to use 3G network normally? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cannot use 3G/HSDPA network in some conditions

Do you have the corect APN settings?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Yes, I am pretty sure that I used right settings in APN. In fact, I am able to use 3G network occasionally, but not often. However, when I can't access to internet, the 3G signal is normal.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

could be some APN issues, try going to settings --> More --> Network Settings and see if it fixes it, if issue remains then it could be a issue with Carrier in australia or problems with their towers causing your phone to fail on 3G usage.

Emperor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

How old is the SIM card? 

is it a NANO SIM card or did you trimmed a regular SIM card?

Was this phone locked to another carrier/network branded? 

go to settings > about phone > status > signal strength, what do you see?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)