account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Cannot transfer music after upgrading to Lollipop

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Cannot transfer music after upgrading to Lollipop

Hello,

A few weeks ago I upgraded my Z1 Compact to Lollipop. As if having trouble answering calls and getting the internet to work on my phone wasn't trouble enough, I now have noticed to be unable to transfer music into my phone through any application or program. I've even tried to change the USB slot and wire but the problem isn't in them. 

I have tried the following: 

-transferring from the PC through "right-click, Send-to, Xperia Z1 Compact" 

-drag-n-drop from my music folder into Xperia Z1 Compact / Music 

-using MediaGo 

-using AirDroid 

What might be the problem? I've read that I could downgrade my phone back to KitKat which I'd love to do, but I have no idea how to possibly do that. 

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot transfer music after upgrading to Lollipop

@Vuori

Do you have enough internal storage? have you encrypted your phone? are the songs DRM protected? are you transferring to an SD card? are you able to transfer other files such as videos, pictures, docs, etc?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Yep, I don't have almost any files on my phone since upgrading to Lollipop deleted all of my former files which I had. I'm not sure what that means, what does encrypting your phone mean? I've also tried transferring songs made entirely by my friends and I still get the same problem, so I don't believe DRM protection is the problem either. Not transferring to an SD card, don't have one. And yep, just tried transferring a photo and got it to my phone immediately. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@Vuori

Settings > storage > what do you see there? 

you might have to repair the phone with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

"Device memory --- Total space 11.79GB --- Available 6.62GB" After "SD card" I cannot choose any of the options except "Miscellaneous -- Remote shares". 

All right. If I repair it does it mean I'll also lose every file that I had, again? 

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@Vuori

Yeah