account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Cannot recognize PS3 Dualshock3 controller

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Cannot recognize PS3 Dualshock3 controller

Hello

Recently purchased the USB adapter to connect my PS3 controller to my Xperia Tablet Z, but the tablet does not recognize the controller. Have followed youtube tutorials to the letter, and restarted the device several times, but when I run the "How to connect a controller" in the Xperia settings and turn on the controller, the controller just flashes and nothing happens. Extremely frustrating, as there doesn't seem to be any information on troubleshooting this connection. Please advise.

Thanks for your time!

2 REPLIES 2
Visitor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cannot recognize PS3 Dualshock3 controller

Solved! Controller needs bluetooth to be turned on in order to be detected in addition to being attached via cable. Can't believe I didn't think of that earlier, but I never really use bluetooth. Posted this in case anyone else experienced similar confusion. Cheers.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cannot recognize PS3 Dualshock3 controller

I am also not able to get the gamepad to pair with my Xperia Z tablet. I've connected with the USB, but the [Next] button remains greyed out. Bluetooth is on, gamepad is active, but I can't get to the next step. What's wrong here?