account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can you power the Sony BM10 Bluetooth Receiver via USB?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Can you power the Sony BM10 Bluetooth Receiver via USB?

Hi people!

I am wondering if the Sony BM10 bluetooth receiver can be powered by a third party USB cable. For example, is the Receiver's micro USB port a standard USB specification and can the other end of this cable be standard sized USB plug that was say, powered from a USB Hub? Is anyone out there doing this?

Thanks for advice!

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can you power the Sony BM10 Bluetooth Receiver via USB?

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

It could work but I can't promise anything. I suggest that you go with any of our original chargers to power your BM10.

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hey thanks for response Johan.

Well, let's say the power plug that came with the BM10 is for a country other than your own, how would one go about sourcing an equivalent plug for their own country? Would you know if the BM10 power plug is the same as the one that would come with an Xperia phone? And if so, I could simply order the appropriate plug from a local Sony dealer / Sony phone reseller perhaps?

Thanks for your valued input.

Adviser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I have the BM10 and it's powered via  Sony (Ericsson?) EP310 microUSB charger. I can't recall its power output capabilities, but I would imagine any device that could match that amp output would be OK. Great device and audio quality when streaming audio from my ZL, by the way. Wish they officially sold it in the US and pushed it in the market here. Such a simple product to use in homes with bigger stereo systems. 

Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi thx for input. Yeh since posting question, I've confirmed that indeed, the BM10 is powered via a standard micro USB interface. The guys in my local Sony store verified that there is no such thing as a 'Sony proprietary' micro USB interface.

I agree with you about the device. It's a great little unit.