account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't restart MW600 headset

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 46
Message 1 of 46

Can't restart MW600 headset

I have a MW600 bluetooth headset, which came with my Xperia X10. It's a very good lightweight stereo bt headset.

However today it hung / stopped working. I have tried to restart it, but I am unable to switch it off! I have tried pressing several different buttons for about 20 seconds, to force power-off. Is it possible to remove the battery?

I can't switch it off! Please help!

http://prylkoll.se/wp-content/uploads//2009/11/se-mw600.jpg

45 REPLIES 45
Demigod
Message 2 of 46
Message 2 of 46

Re: Can't restart MW600 headset

Hi Hodvar, if you are pressing the key on the bottom next to the charging port, then you have the correct one.  Do the other keys work, does the headset respond?  If not, you will have to wait until the battery wears out and powers off the headset.

Then, you can reset the headset using these steps:

To reset the headset
1 Make sure the headset is turned off.
2 Press and hold down the power key until the pairing indication appears.
3 Simultaneously press and hold down the power key and the call key until the headset turns off.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 46
Message 3 of 46

Yes, I have pressed the correct button. And all other buttons too, no reaction whatsoever.

As the battery in the headset is extremely strong, I will have to wait a long time before it powers off then.... very annoying!

I intend to submit my headset to warranty service. I assume there is firmware which can be upgraded?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 46
Message 4 of 46

Even i am having the same problem

It stopped working today evening.. and its just showing the time it got hung up at.

no buttons work and cant power off the device too Crying Face

Do i have to wait untill battery drains out or is there any oher option to reset the device

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 46
Message 5 of 46

Mine has never started. I got it two days ago, charged it over night. The symbol that the battery is charging is showing in the display even though it's not connected. Pressed all buttons, did the power+call button test but still no response. I've contacted the supplier to invoke warranty claim.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 46
Message 6 of 46

I have that question too.And I send it back to fix from 6/24.

But I didn't get any message.I am so angry.....Angry FaceAngry FaceAngry FaceAngry FaceAngry Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 46
Message 7 of 46

I experienced the same issue myself I was attempting to reconnect to my phone and play music and device has hung stopped responding to all buttons including reset button combo from manual of call and power button pressed together.

Called the SE help line and was recommended to leave the headset plugged in for 30 mins to an hour to see if this resets the headset, otherwise will have to return it to SE for warranty repair or replacement.

presumably this is what you get for being an early adopter Slightly frowning Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 46
Message 8 of 46

Following on from my original post the advice provided in this thread to leave the device to drain the battery and then recharge has worked for me.

I had to leave the headset for a couple of days from a relatively full charge to run down entirely, then I recharged it fully today and it is now working correctly again. Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 46
Message 9 of 46

Well i just faced that same problem now. I just finished a call and then trying to make another one, then it just hanged on the bluetooth sign and the battery sign. Good thing i havent charged my battery for 3 days now its almost half way there and am waiting for it to drain the battery. Let's see if this works

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 46
Message 10 of 46

i have same issue and im a liitle bit angry also. i just bought it and after one just day stopd to response. its shows just bluetooth icon, time and battery!

how sony ericsson can not solve this problem, how they dont know this problem, are they testing these things? is there someone in sonyericsson can solve this problem?? or can say to us why its happens, so we can take our precautions! ericsson shouldnt use customers like a test animals. by the way i love my mw600

Message was edited by: angelsevov