account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Can't move apps from intenal memory to sd card

Rookie
Message 1 of 652
Message 1 of 652

Can't move apps from intenal memory to sd card

Hi,

I am unable to move the apps to SD card in my new xpera M handset. I just wanted to know is the only way to over come this problem is by  "rooting"? or in future by upgrading the firmware of the handset will resolve this issue.

one more clarification I need is will rooting the handset will effect to the warranty of the headset?

Thanks in advance

651 REPLIES 651
Commissioner
Message 2 of 652
Message 2 of 652

Re: Can't move apps from intenal memory to sd card

Have you try using app called App2SD? 

Rookie
Message 3 of 652
Message 3 of 652

yes i have installed but using that also i am unable to move.

Adept
Message 4 of 652
Message 4 of 652

App2SD does not necessarily work with all devices and all apps. There are limitations if you read about the app on the playstore. There are also other apps similar in function, some of which require root and others don't.  I understand from reading up articles that it could be a device design issue and app permissions if an app cannot be moved to SD. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it ain't broke, don't fix it..... and If you liked the response, don't forget the Kudos! Slightly smiling Face
Avi
Visitor
Message 5 of 652
Message 5 of 652

Hi,

External SD card is not emulated as extension to primary memory, so you can't move your apps to External SD card. I am facing similar problem. Android applications which support installing applications or Data to External SD card  can be helpful in saving space on internal memory. I could not find any applications with that option so far.
I am not sure if merely rooting the phone is final solution to this issue.

Adept
Message 6 of 652
Message 6 of 652

But I guess rooting will void your warranty. You might also end up with an unstable device because of moving applications to SD card. Some apps might not work well off an SD card if they were originally not installed on it,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it ain't broke, don't fix it..... and If you liked the response, don't forget the Kudos! Slightly smiling Face
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 652
Message 7 of 652

missing of app to sd features

there no app to sd feature in Xperia m,and also all app data are store on internal storage (in folder andriod) and also all third party app store data on internal sd.

In old phone this andriod folder was on sd so good internal storage saving

camera image quality is not good
even China phones and custom Rom have app to sd feature
Emperor
Message 8 of 652
Message 8 of 652

Re: missing of app to sd features

The SD card its for pictures, videos, music not for apps. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 652
Message 9 of 652

i think in jelly bean that feature is disabled
Demigod
Message 10 of 652
Message 10 of 652

With Jelly bean OS you can't move app to sd

THe only way to have this feature is to root your phone.

But remember that rooting will void your warranty and could brick your phone

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are satisfied with a response don't forget to give Kudos