account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't move apps from intenal memory to sd card

Apprentice
Message 381 of 652
Message 381 of 652

Re: Can't move apps from intenal memory to sd card

Update: Use towelroot instead of framaroot for android 4.3] Solve low internal memory problem in Xperia M using Link2sd app. 100% working. Requires Root. Xperia M is a great device in the same price range, it comes with an Adreno 305 GPU which is enough to play some heavy dose games. But the only
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 382 of 652
Message 382 of 652

it doesnt help its says no apps to move....

One time poster
Message 383 of 652
Message 383 of 652

I have bought Xperia M (C1904) two weeks before without aware of this issue. This is my first android mobile with Sony. Previously I had a Sony walkman series handset. Because I am very impressed with walkman handset, I sticked to Sony while selecting android phones.

But I haven't get for what I have paid. I didn't find any option to move the apps to external memory card. 4GB internal memory out of which only 1.9 GB available for user apps is not enough to play some good games.

Sony,

As a customer paying money for this useless phone, I want to know the reason and action plan for this. Don't say that moving to sd card is not available in sony mobiles. I have read this forum and some said that Xperia C (targeted for China market) do has this feature. Also some other mobile providers Samsung and HTC with same android version does support this.

I think I have made a big mistake by buying this using my hard earned money. Now only I realize that I have to go wtih Samsung mobile or Moto G (which has more internal memory with the same price).

BTW, Does any one has succeeding doing this by rooting ?. If so kindly share your experience.

Adviser
Message 384 of 652
Message 384 of 652

I sloved problem I swaped with my brother for huawei y530 and I m happy finaly I m playing GTA.I would like to get hands on moto g but its not avaiable In my coubtry Face with stuck-out Tongue
One time poster
Message 385 of 652
Message 385 of 652

Android 4.3 upgrade functionality

I have upgraded my Xperia M to Android 4.3 build number 20.0.A.1.21 - I can not install apps to SD card. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help.

Emperor
Message 386 of 652
Message 386 of 652

Re: Android 4.3 upgrade functionality

Its not a  problem, you can not move apps to sd card, the only way to do so is by rooting your phone > partition your SD card and installing an app to sd app 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 387 of 652
Message 387 of 652

About Internal Memory

its very hard to use my mobile with only 2 gb user usable.now a days even regional brands are giving min of 10gb user free space .sony has to take over its mistakes in order to become the best

Adept
Message 388 of 652
Message 388 of 652

move apps

how can i move apps to sd without rooting
Message 389 of 652
Message 389 of 652

Re: move apps

You cannot.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 390 of 652
Message 390 of 652

Thats just well said mate,i saw somewhere that sony is listening to the world,so this what they come up with? Just see sony people,the employees there work might not use sony phones that they cant understand the problme and let it be heard of the research and develop team! Seriously, a handset with 14K,and this dumb dull nonsense customer care? Atleast say something or assure us that an update regarding this will be underway