account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't hear callers in ICS

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Can't hear callers in ICS

Hi all,

Since yesterday I have problems when calling/ receiving calls.
I can`t hear (not even cracks or something) the caller but they can hear me. when I put on the speaker I can hear them.
I downgraded my rom to GB and there my phone works fine.
It`s not a hardware-problem I think. 

I would like to use ICS again
any ideas?

Greets

2 REPLIES 2
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't hear callers in ICS

Check if there might be any problem with the ear speaker.

You can do this via the service menu.

Enter *#*#7378423#*#* in your dialer then go to service tests and test your ear speaker.

If it doesn't work I suggest that you contact your local support team to have it fixed at a repair center.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

If it does work via the service menu you may want to try reinstalling the phone software via SUS.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

One time poster
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can't hear callers in ICS

I had the same problem as most of you,    Think the problem is that most of you have gone to the dodgy shop in the centre of shopping centre and had a plastic screen protector put over screen.    The screen protectors that come out of china for the Xperia Z3 are not correct and the plastic covers the ear speaker ( just above the Sony label )    

Just peel back the plastic and cut it so it doesnt cover the speaker anymore.