account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't find xperia transfer mobile on google play

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Can't find xperia transfer mobile on google play

So I got a new phone and now i want to transfer data from my old xperia x8 to my new xperia z1 compact. 

I installed pc companion on my computer, and it says I got to install xperia transfer on my old phone. But there is a slight problem....I can't find it on that phone. I've tried to search many different names but it doesn't show up...what a piece of **bleep**t!!

Any help here?

4 REPLIES 4
Visitor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't find xperia transfer mobile on google play

Don't mind responding. I'll just go buy an iPhone instead

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Did you read this?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Transfer/Xperia-Transfer-How-to-transfer-your-information/m-p/5...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I read that and it doesn't help at all...I simply cannot install xperia transfer mobile on my phone and therefor I guess i'm **bleep**ed. Gonna throw this piece of **bleep** out my window and go buy an iPhone

Highlighted
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I do not think X8 is supported,I think the old device must be running ICS.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.