account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Can't find password and account setting (MS Exchange)

Highlighted
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Can't find password and account setting (MS Exchange)

Hi everybody,

I'm probably just too stupid to find it, but where are the settings to change my Email-Account details? I need to enter a new password for my company email account (Exchange ActiveSync).

Settings -> Category "Accounts": Exchange ActiveSync -> Account name -> There are only options to set the synchronisation (Email, Calendar,...). If i tap the three little dots to open a context menue I just have the optins "Synchronize now" and "delete account"

If I go to the Email app (the one that is installed by default) and tap the three little dots:

Settings -> Account name -> I see loads of options about synchronization intervalls and other stuff but no password settings, no server name.

Do I really have to delete the account and set up a new one...???

Xperia Z3

Model: D6603

Android 4.4.4

Build No 23.0.1.A.5.77

Kernel version: 3.4.0-perf-g1b1963a-02930-g23f7791

Best regards from Germany,

Fritz

2 REPLIES 2
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't find password and account setting (MS Exchange)

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

You can change the password from Settings -> Exchange ActiveSync -> Account settings -> [your account] -> Incoming settings.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can't find password and account setting (MS Exchange)

Thank you, that's it!

It worked,

best regards,

Fritz