account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't find a switch-off timer

Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Can't find a switch-off timer

Hello,

sorry for being a total idiot here. I found every single setting I expected, and much more, in my brand new Z1 Compact... with the single exception of an option for the phone to switch itself off after a period of time (useful for falling asleep with music or a podcast). I'm assuming every phone has it nowadays, and I simply must have missed it somehow.

Many thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't find a switch-off timer

There's a sleep timer option but not one to switch off the phone

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Rookie
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Fair enough. Where is it?

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Settings - Display then Sleep, Tap that then you can adjust the sleep timer

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Rookie
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Just checked: unfortunately it concerns the display only, thus the music keeps playing (all night long).

Master
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Unfortunately there is no switch of timer as default in Xperia Z1 compact. Perhaps you may find a 3rd party music player with a sleep function for the music on Google Play. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Rookie
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Thanks Alexander, that's a start!

And they definitely exist, e.g.: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.pboos.android.SleepTimer

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

The "Switch-off timer"  would be a great feature for the Walkmann-App!

Other missing  features for walkmann:

- switch-off timer

- podcast

- variable playback speed