account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Can't download apps using mobile data connection

Adviser
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Can't download apps using mobile data connection

Facing problem to download the apps from Google Play Store using Mobile Data Connection. My phone hang in 2-3 Minutes after starting the Download. I am already repair the phone Software as the given instructions but no solution for this problem. Please Someone help me...

Topic edited by Rickard

6 REPLIES 6
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xperia ion

Could you please elaborate? What happens when you try to download an application? Do you receive any type of error message?

You can try to clear data for Google Play Store and Google Play services which can be found at Settings > Apps > The tab "All" > Google Play Store/Google Play services > Clear data.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: Can't download apps using mobile data connection

Is your connection good enough?What network mode are you using?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Every time I start the download, after 2-3 minutes my phone freezes and after some time it automatically restart.
I am facing this problem in both GSM and HSPA network mode...
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

So you said you have reinstalled your software already?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Yes, as the given instructions....
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

This is either related to your network or you should visit a sony service:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/