account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't control volume via bluetooth on JBL Charge (portable wireless bt speaker)

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Can't control volume via bluetooth on JBL Charge (portable wireless bt speaker)

Hi,

I know that my issue is common for my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact in pair with portable speaker JBL Charge

but I'm pretty sure that the point is in bluetooth drivers or in bug in OS Android.

Is there any chance to make a patch to solve this issue?

Details:

After my Z1 compact successfully paired to JBL Charge I can't control volume via bluetooth. I can pause,stop,play,FF,RW songs, but I can't control volume.

Buttons of volume on the speaker itself "+" and "-" work fine.

Also if I connect my mobile with JBL Charge via wire 3.5 jack - I am able to control volume using mobile.

Please rise a bug ticket for that in order to fix this issue in the next Android update.

p.s. I'm using the latest 4.4.4 Android

\thanks in advanse!

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can't control volume via bluetooth on JBL Charge (portable wireless bt speaker)

I have heard that it's not possible to adjust volume on some speakers when using Android 4.4.

I'm not sure but i think it has to do with how the volume control for bluetooth works in Android 4.4. As i understand it, the volume control in the phone is the same as the one in the speaker/headset with Android 4.4. The volume control on the speaker/headset and the volume control in the phone are not two different controls anymore.
There's already an issue raised here: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=62790 about this.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: Can't control volume via bluetooth on JBL Charge (portable wireless bt speaker)

Thanks Rickard, I hope people from Google will take a look at this issue

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I just bought a Z5 which has Android 5.1.1 and even this has the same issue. Can't control volume of speakers over bluetooth while other phones with same version of android can. I think it is a software issue from Sony's side. Please fix it asap

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Same here on xperia z3
One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

The same problem on Sony Z2. Android 5.1.1
On my last phone HTC One M7 volume regulated perfectly.

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Xperia Z1 compact Android 5.1.1 has the same issue with jbl charge 3. Samsung works perfectly.