account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't connect to internet or mms. Please please help!!

Adviser
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Can't connect to internet or mms. Please please help!!

I had my phone on wifi and then I turned wifi off and suddenly my internet and mms stopped working. I have simple mobile and I called them up and changed the APN settings 6 times and it never worked. I tried downloading the settings and when I click on simple mobile it says cannot download. But when I click on t-mobile it says successfully installed but I still dont have it. Nothing works and I am desperate here. It just stopped working out of the blue. I was on the phone with 4 different represtatives that had no clue how to fix it. I did update the phone to the new 5.0.2 and it still doesnt work and it didnt work before that either. Can anyone please please help me????

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Can't connect to internet or mms. Please please help!!

Try doing a repair using PC companion.If that does not fix the problem contact SonyMobile Csre
Adviser
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the advice!! I just downloaded PC companion!! How do I repair though? Its connected with my phone but I dont see any repair tab.

Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Support Zone -> Phone/Tablet Software Update -> Repair my phone/tablet

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Hi jessejay

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines

You may also want to test another SIM card, this could simply be the SIM no longer working as it should be.

let us know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

I havent done the repair yet because I dont want to lose my files again after everything I went through today.

Thanks Jake. I tried my SIM card on another phone and it wasnt working either. I have texting and calling with no problem. It is only the internet and mms that doesnt work. If texting and calling work can it still be a corrupt SIM card?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Unfortunately yes, the fact it does not work in another device generally clarifies an issue with the SIM card. So I would suggest a new one from your network carrier.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Adviser
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Thank-you so much! I will try to get down there tomorrow and transfer my number over. I hope it works.

Adviser
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

I got a new SIM card and it still doesnt work. I tried to enter the simple mobile APN for Android 4.1 and 4.0. And nothing happened. I tried from another website that said it was for Xperia Z3 from Simple Mobile and it still didnt work. I then clicked on to install the internet and mms settings. I clicked on my service provider (simple mobile) and a message came up. 

Note:

Please access sonymobile.com from your computer’s web browser to get correct settings.

Does that mean anything?

Does anyone have any advice on what to do now?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

I see, this sounds like an issue related to the network carrier, give them a call and make sure they have enabled to service on the SIM card, they should also be able to supply direct APN settings for there service.

Let me know how you get on.