account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't access camera

Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Can't access camera

It gives me an error message "camera unavailable " how do I solve this please
6 REPLIES 6
Genius
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can't access camera

Hi mum1, welcome to the community! Try clearing the data for the camera by going into Settings > Apps > All > Camera > tap Camera > tap Clear data & see if that helps. Keep us updated!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

If the above doesn't help,make sure to disable google now and see how it is.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

The clear data tip
Hasn't made a difference still get error
Message how do I disable Google now? Thanks.
Hope all have good week
Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Have just used diagnostics and can test front camera as my image appears but camera shows a black screen and can't be pressed so looks like I'm returning it to exchange it as must be faulty.
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Go to google settings app - phone search - voice, disable ok google

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi thanks for assistance had to exchange phone and camera 👌 happy now