account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Can't Upgrade to 5.1

Apprentice
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: Can't Upgrade to 5.1

Hi Johan, I tried using the PC Companion again. Still same result. PC Companion is telling me that my phone is up to date.

up_to_date.jpg

When trying to repair my phone using PC Companion I get this message.

no-update.jpg

When updating the firmware through wifi, the problem occurs when I click the install button.

Screenshot_2015-09-16-16-18-39[1].jpg

My phone restarts and proceeds with the installation. My phone then goes to this updating android screen but instead of finishing the installation it proceeds to normal boot.

Android_Update_Screen.JPG

Learner
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

I have exactly the same problem with my sony Xperia Z1 (C6903) and i try to repair my firmware with pc Companion but i've got the same message as you.

I don't see what to do.

SonicR

Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

@sonicronan Send the required information to Johan so he'll be able to forward it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

Thanks !

I send my IMEI to Johan.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

I just received a reply that your phone should have access to the firmware update but the concerned team advice you to contact your Local support team to have your phone updated at a repair center.

One time poster
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

Hi

I have the same issue with my sony xperia Z1 C6903.When i try to refresh to see if i get the update 5.1.1 my phone is always up-to-date,and i have the same issue with the pc companion too.

Please help me with this problem.

P.S: I am from Romania and i bought my phone from an Orange agency.

One time poster
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

I had my phone root and i cant update. Same issue.
Learner
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

Does "rooting" device somehow harms it's ability to download updates?