account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can not change lockscreen wallpaper :(

Visitor
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Can not change lockscreen wallpaper :(

Disable DEVELOPER OPTIONS, and after that is possible to use ALBUM pics for screen lock wallpapper. Work 100%. All the best !
Visitor
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Forgot to mention: After change the screen lock wallpaper with the album pic, you can enable again Developer options.
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

I am on the latest .157 build version, and i'm still unable to change the lock screen wallpaper. The Lockscreen wallpaper seems to be a live wallpaper that changes colour as you swipe your finger. Anybody know how to disable this? I've just updated today to this build version too. I've had this issue from 4.3 too.

Genius
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Hi Jaissal89

Have you tried changing into other theme like Heat or anything? Does the live wallpaper also happened in other themes other than Air theme?
AlwaysHereToHelp #ThankYouKobe24
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

@rency_07_22 wrote:

Update to Android 4.3 and once you've clicked the photo on the Album app you wanted to be as lockscreen wallpaper, click Menu button on top right, then "Use As" and click "Lock screen wallpaper", then it will prompt to Crop Picture and voila. Slightly smiling Face

I have zedge and I was trying to change the picture o lockscreen. But Zedge wasn't appearing as an option. When I chose gallery and selected a picture, it said "the lockscreen stopped". I was desperate becuase nothing was working. 

Then I tried to do what you said and it worked! Thanks so much!

One time poster
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

Thousand times Kudos, Sir..... Ta Da its working.... !

All that we are is the result of what we have thought
Learner
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

I had this weird death skull picture show up on my lock screen. Have no idea where it came from and couldn't change the lockscreen picture. Tried a few thing suggested on this forum but what finally worked was just simply switching the phone off and rebooting the phone. Back to normal and ugly picture from wherever has gone. This may not help anyone but it shows that the lockscreen on Sony phones is causing problems - I have a Xperia Z5 Dual Sim. For those suggesting the 'Developers' option in Settings - I have no idea where it is in Settings on the Z5 and I looked everywhere.