account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can not change lockscreen wallpaper :(

One time poster
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Can not change lockscreen wallpaper :(

I don't know why but after update FW and Software to ver 257, i can not change lockscreen wallpaper. anyone know why? How to fix it? I can change lockscreen wallpaper by Sony Wallpaper only, cannot change wallpaper from my photos.

16 REPLIES 16
Adept
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Can not change lockscreen wallpaper :(

I can change lock screen wallpaper by selecting Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Album > Select a picture > Crop.

And, I'm on 14.1.G.2.257 firmware

@romeovietnam wrote:

I don't know why but after update FW and Software to ver 257, i can not change lockscreen wallpaper. anyone know why? How to fix it? I can change lockscreen wallpaper by Sony Wallpaper only, cannot change wallpaper from my photos.

Adviser
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

same here can change my lockscreen wallpapers after upadate to 14.1.G.2.257

Master
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

Sounds strange. Have you tried to restart your phone?

If that doesn't help I suggest that you clear data for lock screen. Go to settings > apps > all > lock screen > clear data. Restart phone and try again. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Adviser
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

i tried many time and restart couple of time but the last effort is choose the picture i like and click it or touch and wait a minute a two then crop picture came out this lag time need to address or fix for upcoming firmware fix.

I like this sony experia z1 hope this problem can be fix

One time poster
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

same with my xperia z1

Highlighted
Master
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

I'm not able to replicate your problem. 

Does it work if you start your phone in safe mode? 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

If the problem persists in safe mode, I would suggest that you try to reinstall the phone software using Sony Update Service: 

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

I had this exact issue but managed to get a workaround to get it working

There seems to be a bug when you select an image for your lock screen it does not take you to the cropping section. This happened for me because when I go to crop an image it normally prompts to ask using which application (e.g. Photos or Albumn)

The workaround is to first change your wallpaper because that will prompt to select the app to Crop. Whatever app you choose select the option "Always use this" so you are not prompted in the future.

Now you should be able to change your lockscreen Slightly smiling Face

Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

Update to Android 4.3 and once you've clicked the photo on the Album app you wanted to be as lockscreen wallpaper, click Menu button on top right, then "Use As" and click "Lock screen wallpaper", then it will prompt to Crop Picture and voila. Slightly smiling Face

Inhabitant
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

I've been having this problem too. It's stuck on the purple theme's wallpaper for the lockscreen. I've tried some of the fixes mentioned here to no success.

Hopefully it will be fixed in our next update.