account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can i charge my Xperia SP with a 2A amperage charger? Will it danage the battery?

Visitor
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Can i charge my Xperia SP with a 2A amperage charger? Will it danage the battery?

with original charger ned 3 hours ,  and with 5v 2a charger i charge for 2 hours,

but a dont know  does have any batery dameged,, luks fine to me. no problems yet.

Visitor
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Re: Can i charge my Xperia SP with a 2A amperage charger? Will it danage the battery?

i yust the charger from samsung nexus 10 wich is 5v 2a  and charge the xperia sp for 2hour, very speed charge,

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

yeah. i use the charger for the nexus 7 (5V 2A) and had no problem since.

Talent
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Im using my powerbanks 2.1A port. No problem at all. Ur device has a maximum power handling capacity. So it wont take 2amps when u connected to a 2amps output.
One time poster
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

I used Sony m2 mobile can I use fast carger 5v?
Apprentice
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

It's fine to use 2000mA chargers, ive got a brand new Xperia E2003 and decided upgrade my charger at same time so i bought a 2100mA charger, guess wot? The new 2.1Amp charger is slower than my old 1Amp, so much so, its not enough to use my phone whilst charging, it flashes the warning up that the power source is insufficient. At this point i will say that the old 1Amp is a Sony charger and the new 2.1Amp is a fone charger from Asda, on paper it should be faster obviously the internal electronics are inferior although it is safe to use. Go figure!
One time poster
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

I'm currently use qualcomm quick charge 2.0 certified charger that's give 5V/2A output. when used  with xperia sp, it only charged the phone with 1.5A for the max capacity. It mean that no problem to use >850mA charger, because the phone will limit the power input. But, still recommend to use high quality/certified charger to ensure the safe power for the phone.

To check the input state, you can install "Ampere" app from google play store, this app show you the input and output state while charging / not charging.