account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera problem with flash

Highlighted
Hoj
Learner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Camera problem with flash

Hi guys its hard to explain my problem, but I'm trying to explain in details. When I'm tring to capture a picture during night with flash on a too dark place or very low light it shows a greenish colour on right side of the screen when flash turns on and remains on the captured photo and without flash pictures are fine at the same place no extra colour or anything(pictures are dark due to low light)and daylight photos are perfect.
I tried this solutions:
I tried to take photos on superior auto mode same problem.
Manual mode same problem.
I tryed to factory restore.
And alo performed a software repair using Sony pc companion.
I'm using D6653 and now on Android m and had same problem on lollipop and everything was fine on 4.4.4,
is there anyone having same problem or wanna help me out please reply.
Thanks and please forgive 🙏 me for bad English :-SS.
9 REPLIES 9
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Camera problem with flash

That might be a hardware issue, perhaps your phone has a case and it's reflecting the flash light into the camera lens, or maybe the back has cracks and the flash light leak into the camera.
Emperor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

@Hoj

I think @Phy is on something here, does your phone has a protective case, film, glass? does the camera lens has scratches? has the back panel has any damage ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Hoj
Learner
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@uliwooly
No I'm no
Emperor
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@Hoj

If possible take pictures of the back of the phone and post them here. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

http://imgur.com/5mz0TEA 

http://imgur.com/jGM4xEy

http://imgur.com/OhGhl5R

http://imgur.com/N1RE09b

i think there is some problem with phone's back panel becose it's slightly poping out.

Emperor
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

@SbmZ3

There you have it, it is a hardware issue as suggested earlier, it supposed to look like this 

DSC_3780-01.jpeg

Learner
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@uliwooly

yea the same and thanks for helping me out i think its time to visit service center. Neutral Face 

Emperor
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

@SbmZ3

Indeed, as for your question, this was not implemented on Sony's marshmallow update, nor by LG nor Samsung

Apprentice
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Take your case off of your phone if you have one that's solved my problem the hole where the camera lenses and the Flash is too deep so it just reflects the light back into the camera