account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera flaws

Apprentice
Message 21 of 27
Message 21 of 27

Re: Camera flaws

Thommo, here is what happens when you try contancting them via the link provided: 

Dear Dmitry,

Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia™ Online Support.

We are sincerely sorry to hear the inconvenience of this issue with your Camera, however, we areSony Xperia™ tech support for mobile devices, we recommend you to get in touch with Sonyelectronics at http://www.sony.com/about-us/ 1-800-345-7669 they can better assist you, sorry for any inconvenience. 

And the link is dead... So we have literrary no place to report such issues except here. thanks

Apprentice
Message 22 of 27
Message 22 of 27

Yeah cant believe how bad the camera software is it needs improved asap! samung LG HTC Nokia etc all are miles better tham Sonys software and they use Sony sensors! unbelievable! no more Sony phones for me
Commissioner
Message 23 of 27
Message 23 of 27

@bencfc wrote:
Yeah cant believe how bad the camera software is it needs improved asap! samung LG HTC Nokia etc all are miles better tham Sonys software and they use Sony sensors! unbelievable! no more Sony phones for me

I've actually started using "open camera", which seems to produce more consistent results than the official sony app.

I am not claiming I've tested all the apps on the market but the focusing seems to be better with open camera AND you can control the jpg quality level.

Again, I've not played comrehensively with open camera but I'm impressed.

The only downside at the moment is that open camera can only write the files to internal memory (a general problem with android 4.4.4).

The other (good) thing I discovered is that if you go into the phone system settings and look in the display menu, try turning off image enhancement. I found a noticeable IMPROVEMENT in image quality - i was getting jagged edges on some lines in photos until I made this adjustment. It's as if antialiasing has been turned off in a game - turning off image enhancement appears to reduce the prominence of noise / artifacts that I think the sony post-processing algorithms produce.

It would be interesting to get opinions on open camera from other long-suffering z3 compact camera users Winking Face

Gary

Message 24 of 27
Message 24 of 27

On my phone Colors looks washed-out because white balance of the screen tend to be blue. Sony Z3c is good for shooting in dark. But any other situation is normal (not so bad not so great) but front camera is bad for sure. The phone is capable to take better images with front camera but they look over processed even when turning "soft skin effect " off
One time poster
Message 25 of 27
Message 25 of 27

I have problems with the camera even in bright daylight coming through indoors, I find that the light entering through a Window or Door seems to be extremely blurry and most of the the highlights loose details being over exposed. The portrait images gets too soft compared to my 4 year old iPhone 4S and the color reproduction is awful. 

One time poster
Message 26 of 27
Message 26 of 27

Believe or not, I've installed custom ROM on my older Xperia Sola and the detail in the photos is higher. I couldn't believe it.

It really seemed to me that it is actually almost intentional, it looked the same as the cheap ''sharpen'' effect on televisions, which is actually an artifact, videophiles call it Ringing.. (sorry for my english)

Could it be set in the root somehow?

Adviser
Message 27 of 27
Message 27 of 27

@visualshiva wrote:

I have problems with the camera even in bright daylight coming through indoors, I find that the light entering through a Window or Door seems to be extremely blurry and most of the the highlights loose details being over exposed. The portrait images gets too soft compared to my 4 year old iPhone 4S and the color reproduction is awful. 

I have exactly the same issue, have sent the phone back for repair, hope its a fault that they can fix.