account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera flaws

Commissioner
Message 11 of 27
Message 11 of 27

Re: Camera flaws

@gremlin wrote:
Have sony said the scene selection is only available in 8mp or under or is it a software error.utterly gobsmacked at the naffness from a camera advertised as 20mp if it is intentional

Hi Gremlin

No idea mate.

Just know that Scene Selection only appears on 8mp and is greyed out on 20mp.

Tbh think the 20mp use is PR and sales bling.

Very interesting article here about light sensors and megapixels:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/features/more-than-megapixels-what-really-counts-in-a-smartphone-cam...

Check here too for 8mp vs 20mp on the z3 compact + use of oversampling (as mentioned in prior article). Basically explains that it's best to use 8mp, which is presumably why we don't get Scene Selection at 20mp:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-compact/help/camera-t2902112

Cheers,

Gaz

Adviser
Message 12 of 27
Message 12 of 27

I would not have bothered swapping from my n8 if i'd realised it would be so limited.it's such a waste
Message 13 of 27
Message 13 of 27

And another very disappointed bird here too,i purposely chose the z3 specifically for it's camera spec,and now very very gutted to of ditched my Samsung s3 as the camera on that was spot on...Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.?
One time poster
Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

Any news from Sony about this problem?

It will be fixed? When?

Regular
Message 15 of 27
Message 15 of 27

How's about the front camera?  No one talks about the very poor performance of front camera.   ALWAYS blur in every single shot when take by pushing the physical key on the side..   niose is all around the pictures... very disappointed..  I've just leave from LG G3 to Z3C..  I can't believe how Z3C is much worse than G3 like this.

Message 16 of 27
Message 16 of 27

sony promised we wont need digital camera when they launched xperia z1 now till z3 people still using different camera because sony u didnt deliver the promise to us its simple ur camera software is bad we cannot get good quality pictures specially in superior auto mode all u sony need to do is fix the algorithm then sony will rule the smartphone camera buissines 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 17 of 27
Message 17 of 27

Suggestion: improve camera app funcionality

Hello community!

I would like to make some suggestions in order to improve the camera app and how it works:

1. Been able to configure the camera button in order to choose which mode should open by default. I'm always shot in manual mode, so I spend some time changing from A+ mode to M, when I use the camera button shortcut.

2. The same as previous but for the lock screen shortcut.

3. Image estabilization independent from Auto ISO.

4. Filter effects: been able to choose the image size.

What do you think??

Thanks

vdv
Visitor
Message 18 of 27
Message 18 of 27

I came accross another problem that makes Z3 Compact photographs trashy in comparisson to many other smartphones.

When taking picture in snowy environment the "Superior Auto" mode significantly shifts white balance to purple. Whenever I try using "Manual" mode in order to select the appropriate scene, left or right quarter of the frame are blurred heavily, thus, the picture looks absolutely corrupt and fairly unusable.

I have checked if the blurring issue is reproducable under different conditions: indoors, outdoors with less light tints in the frame, choosing a different "scene", under low light conditions and in the sun etc. Unfortunately, the answer is yes: the random blurring photo quality flaw persists in "Manual" mode regardless of lightning or dominating color of the scene.

Please, pay attention to the issue.

One time poster
Message 19 of 27
Message 19 of 27

Very frustrated with the camera. That pale photos ( no objection against over saturation which is equally annoying) and being deprived of using some of the options in high pixel mode. I'm waiting for the Lollipop update. If that won't do any good, I'll sell it and  buy another phone. 20 years later I may check Sony phones again to see whether there is an improvement or not.

Forum Legend
Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

Posting the same thing all over the place is spam and will get picked up as such - It's also called by some flooding the forum so that's why, Also we are a user led support forum and the Sony staff that are here leave the running of it to we the members - If you want Sony then contact Xperia care http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman