account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera Problem

Visitor
Message 1 of 40
Message 1 of 40

Camera Problem

Hello support,

Is there any way to improve the camera quality of this phone? 

I bought this phone to use it for skype calls thinking that the video quality of this will be equivalent to that of the Xperia U which i had earlier. But the video quality (especially the front VGA camera) is worse than a chinese mobile. 

Very much disappointed with the camera quality Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face

Sony should do something about this issue. 

Regards

Saravanan (Chennai, India)

39 REPLIES 39
Learner
Message 2 of 40
Message 2 of 40

Re: Camera Problem

I agree with you. The quality of front camera is very, very bad(no sharpness)! I hope that Sony fix it(new firmware)

Visitor
Message 3 of 40
Message 3 of 40

Not sure if the issue could be due to the hardware limitation. 

Sony should stop spoiling their brand image by releasing such bad hardware...

Learner
Message 4 of 40
Message 4 of 40

No! I had Galaxy Ace 2(VGA camera) and quality of videos was good.

Talent
Message 5 of 40
Message 5 of 40

I quite like the idea that  my video calls would be of bad quality... The flaws in my handsome appearance would then not be so visible Slightly smiling Face... on a serious note, try the new softare update it should fix your problem.. VGA quality is generally good enough.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 6 of 40
Message 6 of 40

I absolutely agree with you the front cam is very poor,especially in artificial light. Sony pls fix this in next update

Sai
Visitor
Message 7 of 40
Message 7 of 40

I took the Xperia M Dual phone yesterday in hyderabad, I have return the mobile  in 24 hours,,,,highly disapointed ...The camera images distorted ...unclear..and nasty... I have been fan of sony from my college days.....you just diappointed  me,,,,Please do something about the camera ....you are just spoling the brand image ,,,,and losing the love we have on you......Servicing center people said it takes 4days to replace , as it have to come from chennai....highly diasppointed i have to use my old phone again.... ,A humble request Please test the phones before you deliver

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 40
Message 8 of 40

yes I agree, I think sony lowering the quality of they handset now, I notice after bought xperia miro and xperia M, compared to my old phone xperia mini
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 40
Message 9 of 40

u are right camera quality is wrost
Adviser
Message 10 of 40
Message 10 of 40

The camera is very disappointing

I as a consumer, are not satisfied with the camera  X Peria M