account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

[Camera , Power , Music] Problem Xperia SP

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

[Camera , Power , Music] Problem Xperia SP

Hi,

My Xperia SP is hardly 2 weeks old.

Model: C5302   

Build: 12.0.A.2.254

And I see the following issues.

1. CAMERA :  The camera quality is not great ! The pictures are too noisy and have a lot of grains in it. The Superior Auto mode doesnt give the optimum settings for the environment of the picture. It looks more foggy and the quality doesn't look like it is a 8MP camera Angry Face Is it because of the LENS or Software issue? Does any 3rd Party Camera Apps  solve this? If so, which one?

2. STAMINA MODE :   Initially when using my phone for few days the normal mode showed 18hours of Estimated StandBy time and when I switch on stamina mode it would show estimated standby time as 1.5 days. But now, my fully charged phone (100%) shows 16 hours of Standby both in Normal and Stamina Mode. I tried to switch it off and on several times but still same problem exits. Slightly frowning Face If I'm not wrong, Even if the phone uses the history of my phone usage to show the estimated time, there must be a time difference between Stamina mode and Normal Mode which I dont see recently Thinking Face 

3. MUSIC Player :   Whenever the music runs and the phone is locked and there is a new track song that is playing, the track plays only for 1st few seconds and skips to next song. Smirking Face All my songs are of same quality but few tracks plays only for 1st few seconds and then moves to next track. If I go back to that track and play it again, it plays well. What could possibly be wrong ? Face with rolling Eyes

Of all the 3 problems, I find CAMERA quality to be the most annoying Neutral Face 

I need help to slove these!!!

Thanks. 

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: [Camera , Power , Music] Problem Xperia SP

Have you ever conisdered repairing with sony update service?For stamina mode to reset,turn it off,after that go to settings-apps-all-eco mode controller,force stop and clear data.Force shutdown the device(with the little red button on the back) and turn it on normally.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

camera - no solution Slightly frowning Face (wait for 4.3)
u can try Lenovo camera apk
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

No solution for camera till now Slightly frowning Face

FOr estimated time you must continue using your phone it will be fixed..because it depand on your usage of phone..also you can try setting>apps>all..find eco mode clear cache and date then force stop and reset your phone...do the same as I say for your walkman issues...May be it will solve your problem

Regular
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

By repairing with Update Service do you mean "Update software" using PC companion or servicing at SONY centers? 

And since my phone is hardly 2 weeks old, I never took it to service center regarding any issues. 

The Stamina Mode problem seems to be ok if I clear the data in eco controller app and restart it. But again, if I have to do this everytime then this is a sure flaw. Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face

Regular
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Not satisfied with the camera Totally Slightly frowning Face  

Is it because of the software or lens? Will 4.3 Update solve it? Neutral Face

Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Not update software,just repair via pc companion or sony update service,they can both be used for that.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

As I say you must work with your phone...stamania mode will be fixed after time..

I Thinks its software..not lens...because due the sw updates camera quality has changed

Regular
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Thanks. I'll look into the stamina mode for few more weeks.

and for camera I guess I have to wait for 4.3 !

But is the release postponed ? Wasn't it supposed to be released by 01-01-2014 ?

Regular
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Thanks. I'll try repairing the phone with PC companion. 

Never expected I'll be doing these so early Neutral Face