account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Calendar Stops Working

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Calendar Stops Working

Every time I select the Calendar icon, it wants to start the app, but closes down and says "Unfortunately Calendar has stopped." I cannot access it at all. Any advice...?
8 REPLIES 8
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Calendar Stops Working

Hi Maverick147,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

With the information supplied, I suggest that you clear the apps data first.

Menu > Settings > Apps > All > Calendar > Clear Data.

Note: this may clear information from the calendar.

Let me know if you have any issues after this.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I have the same problem. Clearing data in the apps (Google calendar as well as onboard calendar) does not help.

May the reason be that I imported calendar data from an Iphone via the Bridge software?

Apprentice
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

That defeats the purpose a bit... With today's technology available ie. Processors, memory and RAM, this should not be the issue...?

I need the calendar to store appointments and dated notes... Can't keep deleting data from it...

Any other suggestions...?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Hi Maverick147.

I just cleared the data from my Calendar application, the information is not removed from the device. try this first.

This may be due to a number of factors, this could even be related to bad data from say a synchronised appointment from a different source. 

Can you advise if you tried this task?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

No it doesn't work... Anything else?
Commissioner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

go to settings>>apps>>all>>calander>>clear data and restart your phone and watch

Do not forget to give kudosKudos 2.JPGand to select the correct answer Solution.JPG

Apprentice
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Still didn't work... Slightly frowning Face
Commissioner
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

try to repair your phone with the help of PCC