account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

C4- proximity sensor issue - during the cal

Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

C4- proximity sensor issue - during the cal

Hello,

my xperia C4, during the cal, display will be on if I just move my phone little bit from my ear. Not away from ear, move is horizontal while phone is in contact of the body. Phone expect me to put it in such a way sensor area should be exactly covered. this was not the case with my previoous phones.

This was not happening when I bought phone though which was having the tampered glass on it. Now I dont have tampered glass/protection cover on the display, but facing this issue. very annoying while speaking it will press everything on the quick setting bar, sometime it will press airoplane mode too Slightly frowning Face

Someone please support.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: C4- proximity sensor issue - during the cal

that's how proximity sensors work, they need to be covered to be able to know that the phone in close proximity of the user. however since this seems to be a hardware issue, try to contact your local sony service center to have your phone checked http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: C4- proximity sensor issue - during the cal

thanks for the reply!
Yes, I know how proximity sensors works as I have experiance with high end smart phones. This problem should not occure after few software update and not only in this mobile, I have C3, it has the same problem too.

Took C3 to service center couple of times and I have had very bad experiance. Afraid to go again.