account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bugs with my xperia S,please help

Learner
Message 11 of 27
Message 11 of 27

Re: Bugs with my xperia S,please help

If i dont find an solution then rooting and setting custom roms and kernel will be my only hope for fix. Thanks for help man
Message 12 of 27
Message 12 of 27

Re: Bugs with my xperia S,please help

You are welcome.You can find on this forum a topic which may help you:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-S-SL-acro-S/How-to-manually-update-root-downgrade-2012-Xperias/...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 13 of 27
Message 13 of 27

A lot of problems with my Xperia S,HELP PLEASE!

Hello guys,I'll get straight to the point...
I bought an xperia S in October 2013,The first 2 days everything was okay,it all worked but i had the notification to upgrade to JB (not sure which version it was i think it was .200)after i updated that,a newer version came and so I installed the .196 version.The next day my auto rotation did not work,phone started loosing signal and it did not reckognize my micro SIM  card.
I still use the phone but today i noticed that i can not recieve messagesand i found out that the glass bar under my screen should glow,but it never did.So the problems are:
-Auto rotation does not work,can not recieve messages,glass bar does not glow,sometimes looses signal and shows no SIM card,
I am a fan of sony and all my phones were Sony Ericsson products and i was always happy so I hope someone will help and thanks for helping!

Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

Re: A lot of problems with my Xperia S,HELP PLEASE!

Have you tried another SIM card?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 15 of 27
Message 15 of 27

yes i have,and the problem goes away after restarting the phone,i planned on rooting and changing the rom but im scared something might happen so i am searching for different solutions,thanks for replying

Message 16 of 27
Message 16 of 27

Could you try a software repair with SUS first?

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Learner
Message 17 of 27
Message 17 of 27

Yes i have tried it,several times and it never fixed any of the problems but reduced the sim card problems,it didnt happen a long time until yesterday.
The messaging problem is most annoying ,could it be cause i am using battery saving?When phone is on standby the wifi and data usage turns off so is there any possibility that it might turn off incoming messages?

Thanks for helping

Message 18 of 27
Message 18 of 27

Incoming messages from default app or from a 3rd party app?

Learner
Message 19 of 27
Message 19 of 27

It is the default app Messaging

Learner
Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

I had Viber installed but i uninstalled it as soon as i noticed that i am not getting messages.