account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bugs with my xperia S,please help

Learner
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

Bugs with my xperia S,please help

Hi guys,i have some problems with my xperia S and i have been watching this forum a lot and noone seems to be posting about it.
I bought the xperia with ics 4.0.4 on it and everything seemed to be working,later that day i updated to .200 JB but after that update a new came up in notifications and it was .196(i updated using pc companion).
Again everything was ok but some days after my auto rotation stopped working and usually worked after a normal restart ,it would turn off after 2 or 3 mins again.The other problem was loosing reception,wifi connection and sim card but that always worked after a restart...
Anyway the auto rotation(accelometer) now completely stopped working,nothing happens after restart. I did about 10 hard resets all together (not in a short period) and still nothing. I flashed every JB version using the flashtool but nothing changed...
I disnt root it yet,i think its not necessary.
Now im posting this from ICS .452 and i beg u for help and i hope there is a solution for this
26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

Re: Bugs with my xperia S,please help

How old is your SIM card? does it happen without the SIM card on? is your SIM card a MICRO SIM card or did you trimmed it ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

Hello and thanks for replying.I got the sim card when i got my phone that is 3 months ago,its and micro sd and my provider gave it to me i didnt trim it myself
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

I suggest to repair your phone once again with SUS or PCC and perform a factory reset 

Update Service (SUS)

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

Thank you very much but it doesn't help,the reception and sim card is not a real problem i guess it only happens once a day or so.but the auto rotation is really annoying i cant watch videos or use the horizontal keyboard . Maybe this is hardware related?
Before it would work for a few minutes after restart but now like nothing happened, i used the *#*#7378423#*#* and when i click on accelometer it says "this device does not support the function"
Highlighted
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

Take your phone to a sony service

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

Well i did consider that and i live i Bosnia and Herzegovina and no sony servicer anywhere in the country.after all the calculations ( traveling and such) taking it to an servicer would cost enough to buy and nexus 5 and of course i do not have that kind of money xD. Thanks anyway Slightly smiling Face
Highlighted
Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

You do not have warranty?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

Nah i wish i did,phone and sim are not from same provider so no warranty came with it. Also it was the only one left so i got a great discount on it. I couldnt resist hehe
Highlighted
Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

I am sorry,though.The service could have helped you.What are you going to do?