account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Bugfixes on 12.1.A.1.201 and flickering that still exists..

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 11 of 243
Message 11 of 243

Re: Bugfixes on 12.1.A.1.201 and flickering that still exists..

I have the exact same problem. I tried disabling HW Overlays and Force GPU rendering, tried removing the screen protector, tried resetting and some other shady methods you know won't work before you even try them. Nothing works except reverting to 4.1.2. But that's not a solution in my eyes.

If you look quickly you don't notice the flickering, but when you see it, it's going to drive you crazy. Especially when it's a phone for daily usage.

We already had to wait for so long for the update... Now this... I'm getting a little fed up with this device to be honest. Bugs everywhere (and aren't they annoying?)! Slightly frowning Face Please fix this soon Sony! Or... well I don't want to curse, but... maybe you could provide a stable 4.4 instead (and soon)? Flushed Face

Talent
Message 12 of 243
Message 12 of 243

I also tried all these and maaaaaaaaany more..... also cyanogenmods...
Nothing works..

stable 4.4 is a dream for me and i hope it comes true Face with stuck-out Tongue

Learner
Message 13 of 243
Message 13 of 243

Facing the same problem. I know its not the hardware as somehow by magic the problem is nonexistent on 4.1.2. All 4.3 stock roms andeven recovery have the flashing issue.

I think its correct as ParaSense pointed out that it seems to be a kernal issue but I wonder why it only affects certain devices. Or maybe others dont notice Face with stuck-out Tongue

Stil I request sony to please youtube for videos of this bug and fix it in an update. 

Talent
Message 14 of 243
Message 14 of 243

I wonder this to but read here Xperia Z flickering. Many users had this on 4.2.2 but not all, it get fixed on 4.3.. i think they are talking about the same flickering..

Btw sony have to find one device with flickering... it will be easier to solve the problem..

Im sure its not hardware problem because i hardusing my device for gaming and internet with 4.1.2 and i dont have any issues.. SP is so good phone with a working firmware

Commissioner
Message 15 of 243
Message 15 of 243

@ParaSense wrote:

I wonder this to but read here Xperia Z flickering. Many users had this on 4.2.2 but not all, it get fixed on 4.3.. i think they are talking about the same flickering..

Btw sony have to find one device with flickering... it will be easier to solve the problem..

Im sure its not hardware problem because i hardusing my device for gaming and internet with 4.1.2 and i dont have any issues.. SP is so good phone with a working firmware

I did notice flickering when I first got my phone, but it seemed to happen outdoors and was especially noticable on the bus when there was a bit of vibration. It was bad enough to consider sending it back, but switching off the auto brightness seemed to fix it. All that was on 4.1.2. Weird.

I've flashed .266 and a couple of different .201 ftfs (using the flashtool defaults) and no flicker. I tried turning the brightness up full and looked closely at the screen edges, but I see nothing wrong.

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 243
Message 16 of 243

I got da same problem!!!!!!!!!!!
Talent
Message 17 of 243
Message 17 of 243

i dont know.. for some people close autobrightness may fix it... but not for me and many more..

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 243
Message 18 of 243

I write from spain and i got this problem too please fix it
One time poster
Message 19 of 243
Message 19 of 243

i have same problom

Commissioner
Message 20 of 243
Message 20 of 243

@ParaSense wrote:

i dont know.. for some people close autobrightness may fix it... but not for me and many more..

What if you have auto brightness on in 4.1.2?