account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bug with external memory (sd cards) support (attention - screenshots can eat your traffic)

Regular
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Bug with external memory (sd cards) support (attention - screenshots can eat your traffic)

Last stock firmware got a nice bug works with sd cards. 

Any sd card connected to my Z3 Tablet Compact mount as exfat_uuid. So when I use two sd cards simultaniosly (one inserted and one with usb otg reader) both are connected to one mount point. 

This screenshot with only internal sd card inserted

Screenshot_20160511-220514.png

And next screens, when I connect second sd card with usb otg reader

As a result, access to first sd card lost before external will be disconnected and device will be rebooted

Screenshot_20160511-221138.png

Screenshot_20160511-221210.png

So there is an clear bug with firmware that must be fixed. 

The best way is to use sdcard, sdcard1, sdcard2... as was at older firmwares and with another brands/devices

5 REPLIES 5
Regular
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bug with external memory (sd cards) support (attention - screenshots can eat your traffic)

At this moment found only one untested solution - use sd cards with different filesystems. Have a think that ext4 sd card will not mount to /storage/exfat_uuid and will use other mount point - cant test it cause have not tools to format sd in linux fs yet 

PS: alsow reboot to got access to the internal sd is unneded. Just unmount external sd, disconnect it, then unmount internal and remount it. 

Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: Bug with external memory (sd cards) support (attention - screenshots can eat your traffic)

@JcVai I believe this has been said:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3/Front-Camera-SD-Card-not-functioning-Marshmallow-6-0-1/m-p/...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

That topic is near but not same. 

Marshmallow devices as written in that topic use sd card path as /storage/xxxx-xxxx , where xxxx-xxxx - generated sd card pseudounique id/serial. I have same at my Z5 device. And such works is unbugged by default, when using different mount points for different sd cards. 

But I have not Z3 to test the bug from this topic: when all sdcards use one shared mount point instead of generated unique ones. 

So support team must review/check this bug presence with all Sony devices at Marshmallow OS I think. 

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Addition: bug present only at Z3

Z5 works with multiple external storages without problems

Screen

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

SD Card and OTG USB Flash drive

I have SD Card 64gb, currently it works fine. Also I have USB flash drive that have OTG, Sandisk ultra dual 3.0 64gb. 

When I had Android 5, there were no problems in connecting USB and moving files between SD card and flash drive.

But since I updated Tablet Compact to Android 6, there appeared the problem. If I connect USB, SD card becomes invisible and tablet sees flash drive as SD card. Is there any fix for this bug?